Fluval m60

Sc34dx

Just started my father in law a saltwater tank. He has had fresh water before and after seeing my redsea Max 130d he finally gave in and bought a fluval m60 and we upgraded the light right away to two kessil a150w 15k lights. So far I like this tank being that it has the sump in the back like my redsea and makes it easier for him to maintain.. Levels are showing that the cycle is done and got a small clean up crew today of some Nassari snails and some blue hermit crabs and he "needed" to get a fish so we went with a green chromis. I think we are going to upgrade the return pump due to not enough flow for my liking... And probably a mp10es....

I will post updates when we start getting some coral and more fish he really wants a fire shrimp so that will probably be the next perchase.. I am also giving him one of my snowflake clown since I have two. He likes flowy corals so I'm sure it will be a softy dominant tank but we will see..

So far no issues with the setup love the valve underneath for easy water changes!
View attachment 8932

Sc34dx

Thanks yea he loves it even though it's so bare still.. He would spend hours on his computer before the tank and now he spends a lot of that time just watching the tank! Lol I'm glad I got someone else hooked like I am lol!

100LL

How cool that your father in law is getting into it. My in-laws just roll their eyes and act like I belong in a mental hospital. (They're probably half right)

Sc34dx

Lol yes my girlfriend Thinks I'm crazy cus I spend hours looking at my coral..lol says I'm batshit crazy! I'm glad he's into it but he's already kinda complaint that he's spendig a lot of money... But has yet to look into how much corals cost lol