fluval or Reef crystals salt

superchargedgp

right now im using IO reef crystals, when I first set up my tank I used fluval salt.. I liked the way it instantly dissolved and didn't leave any residue. Does anyone here use fluval? or should I just keep on using IO?

liven learn

Imo it's a no brainer use the fluval. I switched to fluval a while back. I ran out and used some rc the other day. Mixed it in my big brute and on the top of the surface was brown foam gunk. I'll never use that stuff again. And fluval had a very high quality magnesium in it. Imported from Isreal. Most the other magnesium supplements in salt come from China and it's low grade.

Eddie79

Premium member
Are some people's buckets of reef crystals worse than others. The last two buckets of reef crystals I have made (from a new batch) have a ton of black sediment in the bottom of the bucket. Water is crystal clear reading out at 0.01ppm before I add the sand and then 24 hours later the water looks terrible.

Any thoughts?

Eddie79

Premium member
Are some people's buckets of reef crystals worse than others. The last two buckets of reef crystals I have made (from a new batch) have a ton of black sediment in the bottom of the bucket. Water is crystal clear reading out at 0.01ppm before I add the sand and then 24 hours later the water looks terrible.

Any thoughts?

jeffy

I moved over to salinity. Each bucket is tested and shows you what the percentages are on the salt before leaves the factory!

Sent from my Russian submarine

gmguy496

I moved over to salinity. Each bucket is tested and shows you what the percentages are on the salt before leaves the factory!

Sent from my Russian submarine
not always my bucket of salinity was way off on all fronts cal alk mag so they sent me reef fusion 1 and 2 funny bc i never had problems with reg seachem reef salt think ill go back to that or reef crystals bc it cheaper... havent tried the fulval salt

wrasse

I have used reef crystals for 9 years. I tried other salt, but didn't seem to make much of a difference. I do notice the brown foam and a residue on my mixing bucket.

trackfast

Princess Trainer
I use IO Reef Crystals; it's cheap and I don't have any reason to change. When I get the brown residue I just clean it off.