For those into clams, you have to check these out

Greg

If you have ever thought about getting a clam, check out these:
http://reefbuilders.com/2009/11/03/tuamotu-tahiti-maxima-clams-are-the-reef-builders/

Granted these are taken onder perfect lighting, they are still pretty amazing.

If you are looking into purchasing a maxima clam similar to the ones above, I would definetly check out pacificeastaquaculture.com

On shipment days, they have the nicest clams avaliable for sale IMO.

They have some of the nicest clams out there. You dont get a small 2 inch clam like many places, you get a 4-5 inch healthy clam. Well worth it. They range from 39.99 all the way to 399.99+ (Clams like the ones from the first link).
PEA has an exclusive deal with a collector to receive these fresh polynesian clams.

The best clams are avaliable right when they get their shipment in. Shipments do not happen very often, so I keep checking their facebook ( http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pacific-East-Aquaculture/137836682737 ) to see when they get a shipment in.

I purchased my clam from them and plan on purchasing 2 more. Arrive perfectly healthy and has been doing great ever since. White growth on the shell and no parasites. Came just as pictured.

Here is a pic. Its a bit dark because I didnt quite realize how much light the camera would block taking a top-down picture. :doh:
Purple body with random branching gold 'inlays', bright blue center branching outwards, and an amazing full green rim. Im a sucker for clams with 4+ colors. :p

Spoofer

I've got a few and i think they are great way to add a natural filter to any tank, but they do require some strong light and healthy amount of calcium-

i'd also recommend clamsdirect.com

poidog

I remember when those went up for sale on DD. they were 300-400$. The ones pacific east are nice. I've seen them in person at MACNA, great colors and paterns. I wished they offered free shipping cause I would have gotten one or two.

Greg

Living sea aquarium had a gigantic gigas for sale for a long time. They probably still have it but havent been there in ages. I think they wanted a thousand for it.