Frag Friday (FF)

tinman

Wish I knew what it was lol some one told me they though it was a purple bonsai but I have that and they look nothing alike next to each other
it looks more like Tricolos valida to me .. but cant tell for sure unless it grows a little more ..

xj_matt

Premium member
Yikes, that tang in the background have a bad case of ich?
Unfortunately yes, are actually went out and I was fighting temperature fluctuations and I belive that's what brought it out in my tank, that was taken about a month ago and no other fish have gotten it and he is happy and swimming with no sign of it as of right now again . Don't remind me how pissed I was and am that this has happened

Blue tang. They get sick all of the time. Mine does as well but always recovers and is now the longest living fish I have. A little bit of soaking his food in garlic helps I think.

xj_matt

Premium member
Blue tang. They get sick all of the time. Mine does as well but always recovers and is now the longest living fish I have. A little bit of soaking his food in garlic helps I think.
That's what I have been doing, he's a big pig lol...... eats nori from my hand and all. I have 2 cleaner shrimp that he's goes to everyday and I also have a cleaner wrasse that won't leave him be

That's what I have been doing, he's a big pig lol...... eats nori from my hand and all. I have 2 cleaner shrimp that he's goes to everyday and I also have a cleaner wrasse that won't leave him be
yea but i don't think the shrimp or cleaner wrasse can actually get to the ich since they're subdermal probably by now...it's up to the tang to fight it off now...just hope he doesn't spread it to your other fish if you're not quarantining him

xj_matt

Premium member
yea but i don't think the shrimp or cleaner wrasse can actually get to the ich since they're subdermal probably by now...it's up to the tang to fight it off now...just hope he doesn't spread it to your other fish if you're not quarantining him
If I had the place to set up another tank for QT I would have already done it, I have been talking to my parent's about setings up another tank in the family room for a predator tank and in that case I would be able to do some type of qt in that tank seeing it would only be sand and a little bit of rock

If I had the place to set up another tank for QT I would have already done it, I have been talking to my parent's about setings up another tank in the family room for a predator tank and in that case I would be able to do some type of qt in that tank seeing it would only be sand and a little bit of rock
then it sounds like you know exactly what you need to do now...kick the parents out and move the QT and predator tank in

priorities, man, come on!