Frag Tank Setups/pictures

Nxt

I was wondering if any members would share some information about their frag tank setups?

I have two 55g 1 20g and 1 30G. I am trying to decide the best(affordable) setup to start growing coral. I have no interest in selling it, I just want to give it a go.

figured a thread showing what people have setup, might give us new guys some pointers

Nxt

Man...didn't think this would be such a dud topic.

I figured we can get some good post/information together for those interested in starting a frag tank.

Share ideas... options... etc

I cannot be the only one that wants to start up a frag tank and looking for ideas/options

scotty

im going a little less big. im builging my 40 breeder w/ 20long sump, with the 20 cut in half with the front frag, probably only 1 tier, and the back half only my heater and skimmer and probably a bag of chemipure.

I've been throwing around ideas about keeping the front half seperate from the total volume, making it a quarantine style tank if necessary, but I also like keeping total volume in the system.

i can cheat it bigger, as i have a aqua-c rectangle skimmer, so it takes up less space if i put it long ways, so it might be a 60/40 split.

since you are starting small, do a t5 setup from fishneedit or even the odessea t5 as you don't really need output that extreme.