fragging magician palys

roilciuc

A few months ago I bought a magician paly frag with 2 heads, now I have 30-50 and want to frag them. Is it possible to frag them by scraping them with a sharp knife off the rock or will that end up nuking the entire tank and nearby frags? I dont want to remove the rock because it has so many other corals on it.

Has anyone fragged palys underwater?
Can I nuke the rest of the magician colony? ( I dont plan on fragging all of them.)

Thank you!!

Cubbies

First off wear powder free latex/nitrile gloves. You can frag them by scraping them of the rock as you said. You can also use stony cutters and chip pieces of the rock. That might be your best bet as you said you just want to nuke them. Chip them off and PIF. You could also cut the polyps from the bottom of the stem but that is going to leave a mantle and that is going to reproduce again unless you cover it with something like epoxy. If you run carbon you should be ok if you really want to kill em depending on you water volume.

BocoChoco

I run extra carbon for my capacity and I usually tear them off without worry. Carbon is a must for toxin absorption
Also I now wear gloves myself since I got palytoxin infection. Not fun. Kind of like salmonella with severe hay fever combined.