Fragging

jrwoltman

Was at Dollar Tree this morning and came across this gem. Individual sized fragging tubes, five for you guessed it, $1.00. My caps always seem to permanently bond to the tube after I use them once, so I thought these were pretty cool. Just wanted to share. And yes, it is cyanoacrylate.

Jim

tinman

Yea try using them and then you will see the pain :)

I picked then once by mistake and its as thin as water .. Unless you are gluing something under water ( even then ) they are a pita .. I always use the one that says gel

Sent from my iPhone

jrwoltman

Yea try using them and then you will see the pain :)

I picked then once by mistake and its as thin as water .. Unless you are gluing something under water ( even then ) they are a pita .. I always use the one that says gel

Sent from my iPhone
Good to know, thanks.

Sawdonkey

Premium member
I buy the two oz bottles of Maxi-Cure from BRS. I can literally glue up hundreds of frags with one bottle. Just don't put it under water and keep the tip clean. Even though it's $10, it's totally worth it because you don't have to deal with the tubes. I've been using the same bottle for 5-6 months and I use it often. Two Little Fishies CoralAffix is good too and very similar.

Illinijoe

TeamCR
buy a bigger bottle for $10. i tried tubes and they suck. they suck because the tube body crack and leak. the gel in a plastic bottle works great. less hassel. well worth $$

wrasse

Anybody use zap glue? I read somewhere that it is one of the best. They usually sell it at hobby stores.

jfmkem82

I'm new to this and I have a few coral frags that I bought and want to mount to my live rock. I bought the gel glue, but do I remove the live rock from the tank to glue the frag to it ? Or can take the frag out of the tank and smear some glue on the frag then put it under water and attach it to the live rock while the rock is still in the tank?

Illinijoe

TeamCR
no itll be fine. stop by my house tomorrow morning if you want to see what i've done with my tank. I'm pretty close to you.

madjoe

Premium member
Gel won't run off the frag plug when I stick it in the water?
Sometimes it does usually a light film I actually glued a Puffer's mouth shut once oops what it do is use a little cup of tank water and after putting glue on frag i slowly dip the glue part into the water it skins up then your safe when u place it on the rock move it around to break the skin hold it in place for little bit and your good to go . Its fine to do it in the tank i use this method just in case i have curious fish since most wil eat out of my hand