Free algae control?

Joe5688

Sounds like a scam lol. As far as I know there are no miracle things in this hobby other than miracle mud lol

Joe5688

Hmm, but we don't exactly know what's in it so we don't know what we could potentially be putting into our tanks

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

For a free sample to try not out anything. And I've had people tell me they've seen an improvement
Xactly ryan , and miracle mud is the ch!t and the mineral mud is even better .I guess if no one ever tried Vinegar,Vodka,Vit -C ,Carbon and the list goes on , we would not be dosing with them and worried about whats going in the water :)
carry on ...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Joe5688

Xactly ryan , and miracle mud is the ch!t and the mineral mud is even better .I guess if no one ever tried Vinegar,Vodka,Vit -C ,Carbon and the list goes on , we would not be dosing with them and worried about whats going in the water :)
carry on ...

With the amount of money I have invested in this hobby I'm not willing to risk something that hasn't been around long enough to be proven to not endanger the animals in my reef. If you got YOLO money and don't care about the time, money, and life of your aquarium then feel free to carry on and be the test monkey. I've got to much invested to just try something just to try it and hope for another miracle.

SkullV

carry on ...
The difference is there is proven science behind those additives (other than Vit C as anything more than a carbon source). Without knowing what is in this additive, and the fact that it doesn't come from a well known company in the marine additive space, you couldn't pay me to add it to my tank. On the other hand, there is a large thread about AlgaeFix Marine on RC with great results. That comes from a well known company (even though their test kits are junk).

The additive also contains copper, phosphorus, and silicone. While these are found naturally, and are probably nearly undetectable, dosing additional amounts of these elements isn't something that interests me.

Last edited:

tinman

The difference is there is proven science behind those additives (other than Vit C as anything more than a carbon source). Without knowing what is in this additive, and the fact that it doesn't come from a well known company in the marine additive space, you couldn't pay me to add it to my tank. On the other hand, there is a large thread about AlgaeFix Marine on RC with great results. That comes from a well known company (even though their test kits are junk).

The additive also contains copper, while this is found naturally, and is probably nearly undetectable, dosing additional copper isn't something that interests me.
What he said,

Carry on ...
Not bob

Jason R

The interesting thing is how one of the purposes of the product is to feed zooplankton. I asked them if people should be adding zooplankton to their tanks if they are trying this product. They said that all tank water already has zooplankton. I asked them how it got in RO/DI filtered water with synthetic salt added. They said that RO/DI filters don't catch the zooplankton. I didn't know that there was a plethora of zooplankton in the tap water going in to the RO/DI filter...

Jason R

I guess the sarcasm didn't come through as well as I had hoped it would in my "plethora of zooplankton in tap water" comment.

Well sorry if this is causing arguments. Never intended that busy thought I'd give info of a free product that might be worth looking into.
Here's a link to r2r with people posting their experience and what they've found about it. Just trying to help out people if this happens to be a good product to have.
http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/reef-aquarium-discussion/153204-anyone-use-nualgi.html

Ryan I love a good thread that has different opinions and open for good input & discussion .
carry on ...

Rich130981

Yep, Bob major diatom bloom. If this stuff is for real im the perfect candidate to test it out. Ill post pics in my mkember thread and keep posting weekly with any changes noticed.