Free live rotifers

superfish

As some of you guys know, I'm breeding some clownfish.
So, I always keep a batch of rotifer culture going.
If you need a bottle to feed your corals or need some to start your own culture. Come and get it.
I should be in my office 9-6 on weekdays ( located in burr ridge), or by appointment on weekends.

PM or give me your cell# I will txt back.

cet98

nice gesture, thank you....may take you up on this :)

may I ask how difficult or time consuming is it to keep a culture alive and flourishing?

superfish

nice gesture, thank you....may take you up on this :)

may I ask how difficult or time consuming is it to keep a culture alive and flourishing?
you are very welcome. just let me know.

it could be very easy or hard, depend on what you feed them.
i use concentrated phyto. keep a 3gal culture, all i need to do is to feed them once a day (10 seconds) and water change every other week (10 mins)...so super easy.
but its another story if you culture your own phytoplankton.

1mg

That's why I was asking. Me and a fellow reefer are culturing and other phytoplankton as well. As they add to the nutritional value of rotifers and pods. With that being said how is your success rate been if u don't mind me asking. I haven't started raising clowns yet but would like to in the future.

superfish

That's why I was asking. Me and a fellow reefer are culturing and other phytoplankton as well. As they add to the nutritional value of rotifers and pods. With that being said how is your success rate been if u don't mind me asking. I haven't started raising clowns yet but would like to in the future.
nanocloropsis is the topical phyto used for rotifers culture. But you might still need additional enrichment.
I don't think there are many breeder still culture their own phyto anymore.
the fry survive rates are usually depend on different batches and how much work I put into it. I would say anywhere between 20-80%

1mg

Thanks for the info. I'm running pods as well. And filter feeders eat different food. So I figure different types bring more benefits. Thanks for the help.