frog fish reef safe or fuge fish

Cubbies

They are reef safe just not fish safe. If it fits in its mouth it will most likely take it. Depends on what kind of fuge and all the other elements.

Cubbies

What about lighting, flow, rock? what's in it? Is there a reason you want to put it in the fuge. Those fish are so enjoyable to see! Why a fuge? :fie:

lunacris

Mine is in my fuge went from a jet black and orange markings to a pretty sweet orange coloration will definitly eat anything its size may try larger and you might loose both fish in the process heard stories of them choking on snails or crabs sweet fish tjo indeed

Jep21

Very reef safe.. Just not fish safe.. And try to stray from having hermit crabs.. They may attempt to eat them.. Its best to keep them in a dt they are very enjoyable fish to watch

Smitty

Premium member
Are you fish sitting for your friend, or is he letting you have the fish permanently? If it's temporarily, than I'd place him in the fug.

CaseyRyback

My painted angler is very reef friendly. If you have any frags or anything in your tank you don't want knocked over, then glue it down. He will walk all over your tank. Not swim either, I said walk haha. I have a hermits in my system as well largest is about a 1.5" shell. I have never saw my angler make any motion towards any crabs or snails. Since I've had my angler he has eaten on his own: 3 green chromis, two damsels, and maybe 7 peppermint shrimp. Even if you feed your angler everyday he will still eat anything he can fit in his mouth that comes into his eating area. If you can handle an angler potentially eating your fish, it's deffinately worth it to have in your tank

FishBeard

Reef safe as others have said, and they will go after other fish up to 1.5x their own body size (or more if they are of the go-getter mentality) best as a species tank specimen. Regulate feeding as well, don't dump a half dozen chromis in at once, they WILL try to eat them all and die in the process.