Frostys 40b

frostyjay1

Well the time has come for me to build something I can call my own. I am planning to expand from my bio-cube into a 40b. this time around, I wanted to be more prepared with my build and have everything together before I actually start to fill the tank. I have had a couple different tanks and learned SO much from this site. I have had my ups and downs and am truly amazed at how the people on this site come together and help each other out. the generosity of the people I have come in contact with is unmatched. so with all the long winded stuff said here we go.
40 breeder (thx Kratos)

Eshopps sumps with fuge (thx NXT) and Top Fathom TF 110a skimmer w/ rio 1700 pump courtesy of Adogg

and my stand to be courtesy of my local menards

this is going to be a long winded project so bare with me. hope you tag along to see this come to life

JLee1469

Kumusta ka!

Look forward to seeing whats to come. Also planning a 40br from a BC29 and BC14 so following all the 40br builds for inspiration.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Joe5688

Nice build can't wait to see it done. I give it 6 months after u finish you'll be back into a 75g+ lol

frostyjay1

I am getting my drill today so I hope to assemble the stand tomorrow. also going to drill and paint the tank this coming week

frostyjay1

these are the tentative plans for the stand. I may change it a little, but this is what I am aiming for.

frostyjay1

got to spend some quality time in the garage, so I build the frame to my stand. now I just need to get the pieces to wrap and trim it. and to my surprise, the frame is perfectly level. woo hoo small win

about half way through

pardon all the mess around it. we are getting a storage locker since the house we are in has no basement.

here is the finished frame