fuge help

lunacris

this is what i have tank with overflow from dt into fuge under dt pump pumps water back to dt and spare incase of overflow to sump not working fuge is growing with pod and algae however i can see pods walking across pump and not getting to dt heres what im thinking off with pumps completely and put fuge above sump with water flowing threw hose straight to sump figured iff pods make way towards mag drive 24 no way they can not get shot to tank do u think this would work looking for ideas by sat when this will get modified i guess u can say

FishBeard

Fuge over display, pump up to fuge, gravity from fuge overflow back to display.... No blended pod milkshakes.

lunacris

Was afraid id get that answer. So if I put above and do this the light will shine into dt at night. But ill do it just more work for less headache. Worth it. Thanks

FishBeard

Was afraid id get that answer. So if I put above and do this the light will shine into dt at night. But ill do it just more work for less headache. Worth it. Thanks
Paint the tank all 5 sides if light is an issue. Not like you need to see in it anyways...

lunacris

Ok got a hair someplace and ran to home depot picked up 10 2x4 and went to town. Built a stand / shelf so the fuge sits above my dt. I'm no carpenter but it looks not too bad if I do say so. Turned on lights and actually looks like moon light threw dt. Well see if I get algae bloom from it. 30 bucks in materials and some skillful drilling for bulkhead and headache gone. ( couldn't find holesaw so used 3/8 wood bit I don't advise this at all ) anyways thanks for help and ideas. Can I just use reg black paint.

FishBeard

Wow you got ballz to drill glass with a wood bit! Any paint works, just clean the glass well with ammonia free cleaner and dry off really well with lint free cloth, I just use the cheap stuff from walmart, enough thin coats and it starts getting a gritty textured feel when dry.