Fuge

98silverado

I have been thinking about adding a refugium to my setup. I have a three chamber sump and all I have in the middle chamber is my reactor.

Any advice on how to start one exactly? And what all would I need to do it.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

ninjamyst

Premium member
do you want a full blown fuge with live rock and all kinds of macroalgae or just a way to export nutrients with chaeto?

98silverado

do you want a full blown fuge with live rock and all kinds of macroalgae or just a way to export nutrients with chaeto?
Mainly nutrients. But I'm open to just about anything. I just want a way for the tank to run cleaner mainly. My only other question is do I put it in the first chamber with the filter sock or the second chamber?

ninjamyst

Premium member
if just for nutrients, you can look into chaeto reactors that has been all the rage lately. I just put chaeto in the second chamber of my sump with a fuge light and it grows crazy.

98silverado

if just for nutrients, you can look into chaeto reactors that has been all the rage lately. I just put chaeto in the second chamber of my sump with a fuge light and it grows crazy.
Where did you get your fuge light?

ninjamyst

Premium member
I got the IM Magnafuge but you can find cheap fuge lights on Amazon. Here's an old pic of my sump with a tiny bit of starter chaeto.

98silverado

I got the IM Magnafuge but you can find cheap fuge lights on Amazon. Here's an old pic of my sump with a tiny bit of starter chaeto.

Thanks for that. Im gonna have to give this a try and see what happens. Wouldn't mind doing like a fancy one later. Maybe try some macroalgae

Gary

I have one of those lights no longer in use I could sell. If you are interested.

Gary

[MENTION=2981]98silverado[/MENTION] $25 that's just half of what MarineDepot sells it. I live downtown but I'll be at AE on Friday.

98silverado

[MENTION=2981]98silverado[/MENTION] $25 that's just half of what MarineDepot sells it. I live downtown but I'll be at AE on Friday.
I work downtown actually. I'm gonna see what all I have to do and see if I can make it work. I'll let you know by tomorrow

Gary

I work downtown actually. I'm gonna see what all I have to do and see if I can make it work. I'll let you know by tomorrow

No worries, I haven't posted it to try to sell it or anything, just saw your post figured i'd offer it. I work in the Sears Tower, and live by Jackson/Des Plaines.

98silverado

No worries, I haven't posted it to try to sell it or anything, just saw your post figured i'd offer it. I work in the Sears Tower, and live by Jackson/Des Plaines.
I work on division and Elston at the Audi dealer

Gary