Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saturday evening (anytime after 4pm)

• Sunday after 2pm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jayjigga

I was talking with Dre and we're looking to do a family-friendly meetup at Gators (1719 N. Rand Rd.) in Palatine (sorry Eric, you shouldn't go outta town ;) ) this Sunday at 2ish. All are welcome, and I swear, if I hear another "You didn't invite me" from someone, I'll send Walt to slap em...(Walt, slap yourself once pls). Come out and bring whoever. The more the merrier. This place has ridiculous wings, which is why they won Wingfest 2012 for the mild category.

RSVP here if you like so we can have an idea of how many seats we need. There's a back room we can probably reserve if enough of us are showing up.

There's a lot of faces I've never met that live close enough, so let's see if we can get the young blood to make an appearance.
For all those that said they wanted to show the last time, this is your chance to make good ;)

Saledo

Sunday is my B-day so family plans already in place, otherwise I would have totally made the trip with my 6yo, wings are his favorite food. Maybe next time!

jayjigga

Haha...villa

Happy early birthday Dave!

Would if help anyone if we scheduled it on Saturday afternoon/evening instead? I'd rather have a bigger turnout if scheduling it a different day will work better for others.

FishBeard

Yea, family meetup and Sunday evening schedule aren't very compatible. Usually more than 4 days notice helps if you want a big turnout too. I will try to get in on this for Saturday but pretty sure the Sunday evening thig is a no-go for me.

jayjigga

Jay,

Maybe a poll would help...
I've been wanting to play with that for a while...nice suggestion!

Yea, family meetup and Sunday evening schedule aren't very compatible. Usually more than 4 days notice helps if you want a big turnout too. I will try to get in on this for Saturday but pretty sure the Sunday evening thig is a no-go for me.
It's not one of the epic ones; more an impromptu get together if anyone was interested. I'm planning to go regardless on Sunday (if no one says Saturday is better), so it's an open invitation for peeps who are local. In August, I plan to schedule a bigger one, so notice will be had. I know a couple people who wanna get together and drink, so that next one should be good.

Saledo

I've been wanting to play with that for a while...nice suggestion!

It's not one of the epic ones; more an impromptu get together if anyone was interested. I'm planning to go regardless on Sunday (if no one says Saturday is better), so it's an open invitation for peeps who are local. In August, I plan to schedule a bigger one, so notice will be had. I know a couple people who wanna get together and drink, so that next one should be good.
Yeah this whole weekend is bad for me, but in August with some advanced warning I should be good!

mr_z

how bout that chicago reefs cookout we mentioned at the start of summer i still say we get one going

jayjigga

how bout that chicago reefs cookout we mentioned at the start of summer i still say we get one going
+1, but get off ma thread, hehe...
I like that idea, but we'd have to figure out a host and such (reason for diff thread). Or we can make it a CMAS/CR thing, and just make the upcoming swap a major cookout shindig.

jayjigga

So apparently Sunday isn't good for a bunch of peeps. Should I change the thread to be the August meet? I'll be going on Sunday, so anyone who wants to meet can, and we can just use this thread to plan out when in August would be good.