Gave in...paid for Berghia

ultimatemj

My aiptasia problem is now a full on infestation :(

I couldn't find berghia nudibranchs locally...so I paid $50shipping from Florida for 8medium berghia. Crazy expensive, but I haven't been able to make a meaningful dent with aiptasiaX and such.

The experiment begins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peaches

Oh man. Have u tried a copper band? I know peppermint shimp are hit or miss. Btw that coral next to the jar looks awsome . What is it? If you dont mind me asking?

#theMatrix

Second on cbb.

Mine ate allllll the aiptasia. And as bad as it sounds. That's all it ate untill it starved and died.

Now aiptasia is back fml

ultimatemj

Peaches

Dam i know cbb is supposed to be reef safe but i know some like to bother corals sometimes specially after they finish aptasia. So is that why the jar is over the nudies and coral so the wrasses dont eat them. Cleaver if it works

xj_matt

Premium member
Would it be too much work to use kelk past on them that's what I do when I see one in my tank just a thought

ultimatemj

Dam i know cbb is supposed to be reef safe but i know some like to bother corals sometimes specially after they finish aptasia. So is that why the jar is over the nudies and coral so the wrasses dont eat them. Cleaver if it works
The jar is what they were shipped in, and you have to let them crawl out...too easy to damage/kill them if you touch or turkey baste them.

I did the kalk paste thing for a while...
They kept multiplying until they won that battle .

Peaches

The jar is what they were shipped in, and you have to let them crawl out...too easy to damage/kill them if you touch or turkey baste them.

I did the kalk paste thing for a while...
They kept multiplying until they won that battle .

Oh dam . You not worried wrasses will eat them . Good luck thats not a easy problem to get rid of specially with wrasses . Hope it works out

BradB

Premium member
MJ

I used a file Fish on them and it worked
Still him the tank & no aiptasia ...

Good luck

#theMatrix

I believe the cbb may nip....after all aiptasia. And looks like that's a while to go. Hope by then it learns to eat prep

Deezill

Premium member
I used Joe's Juice to eliminate the aiptasia problem but if you have a lot of it then let the Berghia graze in your tank I guess.

gig em

I also have used a filefish in the past and he completely eradicated them and I haven't seen aptasia since then. Hopefully the nudis will do the trick though!!

mikenh77

My tank has been through a bit of neglect and have the same problem. Did they work out for you?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

ultimatemj

Too early to tell....the rock I released them on looks better, but I never see them and there are still tons in the tank. Can't tell if the wrasses ate them, or if they just work slow :(

#theMatrix

I forget who was selling a majano wand earlier this week.

I still say copperbands are the best for aiptasia. Issue being they starve and die if they don't follow suit like the rest and eat when food drops into tank