Going to rescape my reef

I want to re-aquascape my reef tank. One big reason is because I need to remove a fish that has outgrown the tank and I've been unsuccessful in trapping it. My other reasons are because I don't think my current scape is benefiting the corals. Everything just seems to be the on in there. So I've been planning ahead and making water.
I'm going to siphon out about 10 gallons of water in a bin and move all my corals there while I do the rescape. Any tips or things I should watch out for while doing this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Water

You have the right idea . Stick with common sense and you be fine .Dont put fish in same holding bucket with the corals for too long if you can avoid it and use separate buckets do so. . The corals can release toxins when stressed

Last edited:

MMreef

If you have sand, try your best to leave it undisturbed. Last thing you want is to start a cycle or mini cycle again.

Just got done making a coral livestock list so I don't lose anything in the process. Turns out I have a lot more than I thought I had lol. Now I know I have an addiction! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trackfast

Princess Trainer
I use plastic (fiberglass, acrylic) rods for my scaping. You don't notice the color if you fit the rocks together tightly. I did paint my rods black with Krylon just so they're even less noticeable.