Got a gonipora from Reefwise looks odd

I have been getting decent polyp extension from the gonipora when I first got it (reef wise Xmas party) I asked the worker there forgot his name if this would work in my nano everything else is doing okay and he told me its easy care etc... Came home read up on it, not so easy coral actually difficult my fault I guess should have googled it and how good it looked there just kinda made me want it more now it looks like this after doing some research something with brown jelly not sure if you guys own one or your thoughts on this I just did a water change this morning again everything else looks good but here is a picture

View attachment 10520

Lil BamBam

Premium member
Brown jelly is not fun.. Do not blow it around the tank!!!!!!!!! Use a bucket to clean it off and dip in RX ;) It will spread more if not doing well..

Had this happen to me a few times with softies or LPS

zportell

Moe, I got mine from RW too.. Took 3 days to open and start looking normal. Once it opened, it hasn't stopped growing. New growth all over it and is as big as three softballs. Make sure you feed the tank as they are slow eaters. I started feeding cyclop eeze and it's thriving. Good luck!

Its on bare bottom and have been trying to feed it cyclopeeze but no luck. I orderd some of the suggestion RX supplet from BRS but wont be here for awhile anyone want to try to nurse this back to health until I get my new tank up and running?

Pufferpunk

Cyclopeeze is way too big a food for them. They eat microscopic-sized foods. Did you read that link I gave you?

I could try to nurse it back. I did quite well doing that with the one I have now.

Sho Tank

elevated it with some pvc.....high flow and blow it off daily to remove jelly, once clean reduce flow and try feeding it phyto.