got the bug

erok90

Well picked up red bug and now I needs me some help.anyone have any interceptor collecting dust? Does revive help if I want to transfer some coral from one tank to another? What are my options if I was gonna do a upgrade and wanted to move all my coral over to the new tank? Mostly zoas and palys.but I want to make sure I don't bring any over to my new tank.

jm23

If you plan on upgrading tanks you would need to break the colonies off the rocks and put the in QT for at least 3 weeks. You need to make sure to break off every piece of your SPS from the rocks otherwise the red bugs will survive on the parts that are encrusted. I would then do a Bayer dip once a week, three times total, to make sure all the red bugs and their eggs are killed. I honestly forget how long you would need to let the DT fallow in order to make sure the rock is free from red bugs, hopefully someone else can chime in. Otherwise with interceptor you need to have 3 doses in order to do it once a week for three weeks. How big is your tank? If one pill can cover 3 treatments for your tank I can give you one that was just given to me. Let me know.

erok90

I would have to do my complete system.they are all over the rock.plus I wanted to use the old water in my system to set up the new one.so I want to treat the whole tank once a week for two weeks and do a big wc.then hopefully the bugs will be gone and I can use the water for the new system.

erok90

Yea called the vet today and found out today it was discontinued.what's the alternative? Is it that Bayer?

Knuckles

Interceptor spectrum. You can order from Australia. I used it with no loss of life. There are threads about it on RC

jm23

Bayer is not a whole tank treatment like interceptor. Bayer is only for dipping. Make sure you read some good threads about it as it can be very harmful to you and your corals if not handled correctly.

DAS212

That's CRAZY!! It only takes a few minutes to dip and you can just drop some Coral Rx into the bag with the frag in it. There is no need for laziness!!

good call man, I usually filled a Tupperware with coral rx and dipped but now im just going to put it right in the bag. Thanks !!!

poidog

CoralRx will not work for red bugs. The only dip that will work is Bayer or Interceptor. Make sure not to believe false information regarding them.