Green hair algae problems

Geo

Well....this is what happens when you go on vacation for a month....

Any ideas on a treatment...???

trackfast

Princess Trainer
Take as much off the rocks by hand as possible. Then use a stainless steel detaling brush on the parts you couldn't pull out and siphon out water around brush as you do it. Your snails should take care of the rest.

Geo

Take as much off the rocks by hand as possible. Then use a stainless steel detaling brush on the parts you couldn't pull out and siphon out water around brush as you do it. Your snails should take care of the rest.
I thought about that....but what a mess...

scotty

some sorta culupera or however you spell it. can take over the tank in the display, if you can take it out. see those stick things, those are its runners, yank from there.

kdog23

Geo what happened to your tank ! You supply the beer---maybe you can get a clean up crew over there....will work for beer. Hey man-I'm busy this weekend----but if you want help one day next week cleaning off rock let me know. I have come containers-coolers to put rock in/over while be cleaned.

JDP1988

Also include with those WC, manual removal, and GFO, is complete blackout for some days or very minimal light as possible.

The key ingredients into growing any algae or plants is a good source of light and plenty of nutrients. I went blackout for a few days and started slowly bring the lights back on for a few hours a day. (note: I was doing water changes in between)

Eventually, all the algae I had disappeared, but a few strands still sticks around or tries to grow back.

Geo

Geo what happened to your tank ! You supply the beer---maybe you can get a clean up crew over there....will work for beer. Hey man-I'm busy this weekend----but if you want help one day next week cleaning off rock let me know. I have come containers-coolers to put rock in/over while be cleaned.
I will let you know Kevin :D

Jep21

i say just do manual removal and keep up with water changes.. and probably decrease in light duration and it should be gone in no time

MrDemonicAngel

Whoa. Welcome back Geo. I didn't think your tank would turn out like this with your gf watching it. Do as Victor says and the problem should eventually go away. When I had gh bloom I scrubbed off as much as possible from the rocks and I also used Algaefix Marine. About 2 months and now its all gone.

Geo

Thanks Danny??? How is the Angel?? She did the best she could man :) I'm doing a 3 days lights off now just to help my mexican turbos to eat it and I will probably get a sea hare today as well and I will also check out Algaefix Marine :)

Mad Joe, I know man I have no idea what caused that except from the light because the water parameters are in check.

MrDemonicAngel

Mad Joe, I know man I have no idea what caused that except from the light because the water parameters are in check.
probably overfeeding. That's what caused my outbreak.

The angel is doing great. At first he was nipping on pretty much all my corals. Now he seems pretty content with the food I give him so he's leaving the corals alone.