Group Buy, anyone?

saamath

We just finished off a Special Order event with another Club, and we were wondering if you all would like to try a similar sale. In this method, someone from the club makes a drive to collect all of the orders. We typically need a couple weeks to put together this sale, because we will special order Livestock for you during this type of Group Buy. Here's how it works:

At the beginning of the sale, everyone who is ordering Livestock turns in a Wish List. This is anything that you're interested in getting a quote on, if it's available on the current supply lists we'll find it. Fish, coral, inverts, send us anything at all you really want in your system. We will take each list and shop it for a quote - a rough estimate of what final cost would be for each item you listed. From that quote, you generate a list of your ideal order. You list the species, the number you want, and any instructions about sizing or color. From all of those ideal orders we generate a Master Order for the club.

We then generate a discount code for all dry goods, sand and live rock orders. The code lasts a week, and everyone gets their orders placed by the end of that week. Only dry goods, sand, and live rock need to be ordered via this method, as Livestock orders are separate and don't require the code. When you're finalizing your dry goods order, you select Local Pickup as your shipping method, and we hold the orders until the Livestock orders arrive so everything is sent out at once with your driver.

The week after the dry goods orders are completed we order your livestock using the Master list we created. We'll go over all of our supplier lists to find as many of your Wish List items as possible, and we'll send you a final quote based on what we expect to be able to secure - this quote will be the maximum that you could possibly spend, if every single thing you ordered arrives healthy. At this point, you can make final substitutions or additions to the list - it's the last chance. Once you approve the final order we've generated for you, we place the order.

The day the Livestock arrives is the day your driver arrives. We divide the shipments into your individual orders, and do a final inventory of what arrived and what was not shipped. We look at each Livestock item with your driver, so that they can verify the health and life of the specimen, and we bag all of your smaller bags into a larger shipping bag with your name on it... and then we pack them directly into a shipping box without ever opening the bag or acclimating the livestock. It goes straight from the supplier to you, and because we're only a stop on the way, we offer all Special Ordered Livestock at 40% off retail!

We do not charge you for the livestock until it is verified and packed into the driver's vehicle to travel directly to you. That way, you're not pre-paying for items, or being charged for items that don't arrive. We bulk order cleanup crew inverts like crabs and snails, so we get a rate that can't be beat even with a special order price and 40% off. Because of this, we offer you wholesale pricing on all cleanup crew inverts that we normally stock. Once again, since these orders are generated online and you're outside Indiana, these orders are tax exempt. That means 40% off Special Order Livestock, wholesale pricing on all cleanup crew, no tax, and no shipping charge. These discounts can ONLY be had during Special Order events for sponsored Clubs.

Here are a few examples of what folks from the other club just brought in, and prices they paid. Bear in mind that Livestock prices fluctuate seasonally, and specimens of various species may not always be available. These prices are examples and were calculated from 11.11.15 supplier pricing. They are not meant to be an offer or a guarantee. Your actual pricing on these same items could be higher or lower, depending on the current list prices.

- Purple firefish (N. decora) - special order, same day pickup still in bag: $13

- Tailspot Blenny (E. stigmatura) - special order, same day pickup still in bag: $12

- 1.5" Grade 1 Maxima, cultured (T. maxima) - special order, same day pickup still in bag: $21

- Fem Lyretail Anthias (P. squamipinnis) – special order, same day pickup still in bag: $12

- Midas Blenny (E. midas) – special order, same day pickup still in bag: $23

- Adult Red Coris Wrasse (C. gaimard) - special order, same day pickup still in bag: $38

- McCosker's Flasher Wrasse (P. mccoskeri) - special order, same day pickup still in bag: $13

- Lineatus Wrasse (C. lineatus) - special order, same day pickup still in bag: $108

- Grade 1 War Paint Scolymia (S. australis) - special order, same day pickup still in bag: $120

…Peppermint shrimp $3 - Emerald Crabs $2 – Trochus & Lrg Nassarius snails $1.50 – Astrea & Nerite Snails - $0.80 - Blue Leg Hermits $0.75 – Margarita & Cerith snails $0.60 … (Group Buy pricing)

If this is something that you all are interested in, let your Leadership team know and we can start discussing further details. (We need one member of Leadership/Admin/Ownership/BOD to coordinate with and to facilitate postings and updates) We typically need about a 15-order minimum for Livestock to make a sale like this happen, and you’ll need someone with a large vehicle suitable for picking up anything that may be ordered during the sale. We’ve found that a single-day round trip rental on a minivan is the most economical way to ensure enough room, if you don’t have a driver with a suitable vehicle. They can be under $50 for the day, and if everyone kicks in $5 it covers the rental and some gas money.

If you have any questions about how things work, please don’t hesitate to contact me. I’m here to facilitate things like this!

The reefer

what day would be pick up? If it's a Saturday I think it would be better for everyone IMO.

I would be interested if there I a pickup location in the city.

saamath

The day and time of the pickup are generally set by the driver working in conjunction with the group. Saturdays tend to be a lot harder as far as coordinating flights and shipments, so typically a Thursday or Friday are the best choices for a pickup. Once the driver is back to the city, everyone is free to meet them wherever the driver has arranged.

jrpark22000

Premium member
I'm fully willing to help support this everybody. I won't be in as my livestock is already set in my tank. If anyone is looking to be the driver, let me and the rest of us know and we can go from there. Until then, let's see whos interested,