Gyre 150 mounts

aregen120

I pick one up last month it was a Lil loud but da noise was quite down in two weeks. I have it in a 120 gal n works great

MikeyB

I got mine when they were first released and i have the "old" mount. I wonder if coral vue will send us the new mounts or we'll have to end up paying for it.

madjoe

Premium member
I got mine when they were first released and i have the "old" mount. I wonder if coral vue will send us the new mounts or we'll have to end up paying for it.
Probably gotta pay double lol them bastards

chewal

Premium member
so far everyone I talked to that has one said it quiet s down after a couple of weeks but the flow also slows down when they cleaned it the noise returns

MikeyB

Got mine in the mail today and switched it over. I cant believe how silent this pump is now. If anyone still has t he gen 1 mount you NEED to get this new one. The difference is night and day

100LL

Got mine in the mail today and switched it over. I cant believe how silent this pump is now. If anyone still has t he gen 1 mount you NEED to get this new one. The difference is night and day
I got mine today too, but didn't have a chance to switch it over yet. How long did the switch take?

ghostman

I got mine today too, but didn't have a chance to switch it over yet. How long did the switch take?
The switch takes a minute or two. You get the wetside arms, and simply snap them into place. I have 2 gyres and have both style mounts and really don't notice any sound difference. Both are dead quiet ( I guess I was lucky ). I still ordered the new mounts. For $10 shipped, I couldn't pass it up. The gyre is the best purchase I have made in a long time. Great pump and love the flow.

MikeyB

The switch takes a minute or two. You get the wetside arms, and simply snap them into place. I have 2 gyres and have both style mounts and really don't notice any sound difference. Both are dead quiet ( I guess I was lucky ). I still ordered the new mounts. For $10 shipped, I couldn't pass it up. The gyre is the best purchase I have made in a long time. Great pump and love the flow.
Yep the switch literally takes a minute. Strange you didnt have any noise, mine would start at 60% and get louder the higher i would raise it. I sounded like a high pitched hum, maybe it was a vibration or something.. regardless its gone :)

100LL

I just installed the new mount and I couldn't be happier. Like other say, it takes less than a minute and the change is dramatic and absolutely undeniable. I run mine at lower levels so didn't have an noise complaints before, but man, I guess it was making noise before because now it's not.