Gyre Advice Please

Irsug1

Premium member
Hi Friends,
Yesterday I installed a new Gyre 130 in my new DB 80 and have a couple of questions.
Placement? For now I have it vertically in the front right corner and the overflow is on the back left corner, pushing water across the front of the tank. What do you guys like? Also what setting?

Here's my problem, I go to pulse mode and push the set-up button which allows me to adjust the flow speed using the dial. Then I push the set-up button again and I am supposed to be able to adjust the pulse timing. However when I turn the dial it does not show me any indication to adjusting the time increments. Am I doing something wrong or is this controller defective?
Thanks in advance!

labas39

I don't have a gyre, which I did, but I just read a thread on R2R yesterday where a few guys had issues when they mounted their gyre's vertically. You may want to do a little research.

sk8elenex92

Premium member
When configuring the pulse setting first you set the flow, and then after is the pulse times. The pulse will blink the light, but it does not show which setting you are on like the flow indicator. If you turn it left the lights will blink much faster showing the pulse, and turned to the right the pulse slows down.

Irsug1

Premium member
Hmm, I will have to try again but from what I recall there was no blinking after pushing the set-up button out of flow adjustment. It was still green signifying set-up mode and nothing happened when I turned the dial.
Thanks