Hammer Coral Emergency?

Illinijoe

TeamCR
I had my lights off the last 3 days because I had no air. I turned on the lights today as normal. In the last 30 minutes one of the branches of my hammer coral shriveled up looks very deflated. Anyone know what's going on and what I can do? I already turned the light off. View attachment 16942Thanks!

Illinijoe

TeamCR
So immediately after I turned off my blue light it started to look better. Today I put the blue light on at 50% intensity. Everything looked great again until about after 4 hours it deflated again same branch. I now have the blue light off and white on seeing how this will react. Previous to the darkness I was running my lights at 100% intensity with now issues. Hopefully it jsut needs to readjust to light after being in the dark for days.

Ageno

Premium member
So immediately after I turned off my blue light it started to look better. Today I put the blue light on at 50% intensity. Everything looked great again until about after 4 hours it deflated again same branch. I now have the blue light off and white on seeing how this will react. Previous to the darkness I was running my lights at 100% intensity with now issues. Hopefully it jsut needs to readjust to light after being in the dark for days.
I started my lights at 50% intensity and have been slowly bringing it up (in hopes of added growth) 5% at a time.

wrasse

Do you have any brown jelly on it?
If so that may be a sign of dying. If it is your best course of action may be to cut off the head that is bad.

Illinijoe

TeamCR
Do you have any brown jelly on it?
If so that may be a sign of dying. If it is your best course of action may be to cut off the head that is bad.
It appears this was a light issue caused by my lights being off for 3 days. It is now doing fine again and stopped having the deflated look after being under the blue lights. Thanks for the responses all.