Hands down what is the best salt mix?

Amozoc

Premium member
Always i have used Coral Reef Pro from Red Sea but now is gone so which one do you think its the best or give some pros and cons. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Thor

bryman

I like Red Sea regular blue bucket because it mixes as close to NSW parameters as I've found.

Fish_wiz2

My absolute favorite is Tropic Marin, but it just sooooo expensive. Best salt I have ever used and I've used quite a few in my time. Next up would be D-D H2Ocean.

But accounting for cost and availability, my staple was Reef Crystals. Problem is the batches could vary in parameters.

chitown tom

I have been using HW marine mix and love it!
Mixes up consistently and fast! Only down side is the cost. I have 2 big tanks and multiple smaller ones and the cost is the only factor that has me leaning towards the switch.

I am switching it up to reef crystals. Ill be double checking every batch just to make sure.

sk8elenex92

Premium member
Salinity for me. Has always been consistent for me, but some people just complain about the crap that builds up on the buckets. Never bothered me. It is a little more expensive but you get 225 gallons at 1.026. Most salts state the gallons but for 1.022-23, so in the end it works out the same price plus its lab tested and what not.

labas39

I use cheapo Kent Marine Reef Salt. Just $45 w/ free shipping from Drs. F&S. I chose it because it has the highest potassium of any salt from a study that I found online.