Harlequin Shrimp

How long can a harlequin go between starfish? Mine finished one last week. Don't know when to add another.
Thanks!!!!

carpetreef75

Premium member
I had 4 of them for over a year in my 300 gallon and they each ate a starfish leg ! x per week , in between starfish i would drop in a 100 asterina stars . just sold the Harlequins for $10.00 a piece

He's taken care of my Asterina. Don't want to starve him, but do you know how long after he finished a CC Star before I need to add another? Basically he'd have no other food until I add another.

He's taken care of my Asterina. Don't want to starve him, but do you know how long after he finished a CC Star before I need to add another? Basically he'd have no other food until I add another.

carpetreef75

Premium member
i fed mine 1X per week a leg of a chocolate chip , buy a few chocolate chip starfish and keep in your sump . It will be easy to tell when hes hungry mine disappeared in the rockwork and when hungry they were pacing the front of the tank after i fed them didn't see em for a week .hope this helps

Ok. Thanks.
Currently keeping mine in my sump. Think I'll just buy two CC to start and then replace one when the other is gone.