Has anyone ever use Flatworm Exit on an sps dominated reef tank?

Hi everyone... I was dipping some of my corals the other day and saw a few flatworms and I was wondering if anyones used this medication on a tank filled with mainly sps and some lps and a clam.Also I noticed some montipora eating nudibranchs on some of my montiporas and was wondering if this medication would affect them too.

Greg

Planaria flatworms or AEFW (Acro eating flatworms)?

Flatworm Exit will do nothing to aefw or monti eating nudis.

maidia

Team CR
Planaria flatworms or AEFW (Acro eating flatworms)?

Flatworm Exit will do nothing to aefw or monti eating nudis.
+1..If you use FW exit for the whole tank and not correctly will kill all your corals (I read somewhere over RC). It's a little help if you have some wrasses like Yellow Coris or Radiant.

Any picture of the FW?

Good luck Hung and stop buy more SPS until the FW are gone.

Jep21

+1..If you use FW exit for the whole tank and not correctly will kill all your corals (I read somewhere over RC). It's a little help if you have some wrasses like Yellow Coris or Radiant.
Good luck Hung.
+1 u can also get a melanarus wrasse..

maidia

Team CR
Because the eggs all over in the tank. I don't have FW so no experience and I don't know any medication that treat the whole tank safely. Ostro or Osco (for got his ID name he in Chicago) over Reef Central got FW in his tank long ago you may ask him over that site.

Greg

Unfortunately, there are no in tank treatments for aefw.
There were some good tries like Levamisole. Seemed to work great at first but eventually killed all sps and crashed the tanks(never fully got rid of aefw anyway). Nobody is even thinking about trying it now. There is a whole large rc thread on it. Started promising, ended disastrously
Also Flatworm Stop seemed promising, but is meant to be preventative, not a treatment. A bunch of people tried it and nobody reported a success.

Removal, dip, and quarantine are the only solution.

maidia

Team CR
You got Acan and LPS tanks so there is no Acro Eating Flatworm in there (may be), dip all sps and put them in there for temporary. Some said without SPS the AEFW will die or disappear.

Greg

It is very very rare that a wrasse will completely eradicate aefw. Especially when we feed them food all day that tastes better and is easier to get.

There are wrasses like the melanarus and cosmetes that are well know to eat them. However, obviously not all of them will. Even the ones that do wont eradicate the problem completely on a tank with many sps.

I can't do that because in the 180 the lights aren't strong enough, also it would take way to long to transport everything to it any way. It would take almost the whole day to go back and forth carring all my sps.