Has anyone run into Light Induced STN?

Paulip

I am hoping a more experienced member sees this thread and pics.

What percentage of livestock is affected? Is it confined to a species? frags fro a single source? Cut off the deadwood and quarantine.

I am hoping a more experienced member sees this thread and pics.

What percentage of livestock is affected? Is it confined to a species? frags fro a single source? Cut off the deadwood and quarantine.
4%, just acros! no.

I have already cut of the infected part of the coral, I don't believe this is a parasite or infection. I do believe is is a parameter issue, but it's something beyond what I am able to test for. The only thing common among the three frags, is the base facing the light is the only dead part.

Hope your making progress. Btw, could this be related to what's called " Alk Burn"?

No, Alk burn is something I had a crash course in about a decade ago, I know the symptoms well. After fragging the bases, or at least what was left of them off and a thorough dip, whatever was happening seems to at least stopped for the moment. Alk has swung from about 7.5 to 9 over the 9 months the tank has been running, right now hovers between 8.5 and 9, the Elos test kit can't any closer.

Paulip

No, Alk burn is something I had a crash course in about a decade ago, I know the symptoms well. After fragging the bases, or at least what was left of them off and a thorough dip, whatever was happening seems to at least stopped for the moment. Alk has swung from about 7.5 to 9 over the 9 months the tank has been running, right now hovers between 8.5 and 9, the Elos test kit can't any closer.
I am not a seasoned reefkeeper. Is 7.5 to 9 over 9 months a lot? I can get that inside of a week.