Has anyone tried the 120 degree lens on their Radions?

I have 2 XR30 Pros on a Deep Blue 80g and seem to be cooking all of LPS on the sand. I was curious what the verdict was on the 120 lens if it has even been tried.

Vapour1ze

Yes, and you can kiss PAR good bye! Wide angle lenses will give you around 70~ par on the center bottom of tank if you have a 25" deep tank... I hated them. They worked, but growth never really happened. Switched to T5's and my Tank took off. Also filled in all my shadows. :)

That was why I put my tank size in the original post. I only have a 16" deep tank and need to kiss some par goodbye. I would like to add a couple T5s to the tank, but will never have a T5 only tank ever again, I hate the look.

tinman

just decrease the duration of the whites ??

blues cant possibly cook lps ( just assuming you are talking about chalices ..

or create caves, ledges for them ?

I wish it were that easy. The Radions have more of color sliding bars, like an old school equalizer. I for one have absolutely no idea what I'm doing, so I stick with the Presets like 12K, 14k, etc. The PAR meter will hopefully be at my house in the near future and I can get an idea of what's actually going on in the tank.

And the corals that I am referring to are an Elegance, Scoly and Fungia. When I move them off to the side, they seem to inflate almost twice as much, but when they are back in the middle of the viewing area, they shrink back. I could probably give up some par, these lights seem to put out a pretty good punch, but the intensity looks to be in a smallish area. My be 2 XR30 Pros over a 16" tall tank is a little too much.

just decrease the duration of the whites ??

blues cant possibly cook lps ( just assuming you are talking about chalices ..

or create caves, ledges for them ?

tinman

I wish it were that easy. The Radions have more of color sliding bars, like an old school equalizer. I for one have absolutely no idea what I'm doing, so I stick with the Presets like 12K, 14k, etc. The PAR meter will hopefully be at my house in the near future and I can get an idea of what's actually going on in the tank.

And the corals that I am referring to are an Elegance, Scoly and Fungia. When I move them off to the side, they seem to inflate almost twice as much, but when they are back in the middle of the viewing area, they shrink back. I could probably give up some par, these lights seem to put out a pretty good punch, but the intensity looks to be in a smallish area. My be 2 XR30 Pros over a 16" tall tank is a little too much.
i use Radion G3 Pro too and i know what you are talking about .. i have my scolies hidden under torches which are mounted a little higher up .. but elegance and plate corals should be fine ..

another thing you can do is .. if you are using the mounting arm just use the slide and mount it closer to the back of the tank and have the corals in sand in the front that way they will recieve lower par.

also you mentioned that you just choose presets .. does that mean you are running at full intensity ? if you have no clue about that also :dontknow: lol pm me and i can help

No, as far as the presets go, you can set the intensity also if I am understanding it right. I am using the mounting Arm, but I'm not using any of the extensions, so it's as far back as it can get.

tinman

No, as far as the presets go, you can set the intensity also if I am understanding it right. I am using the mounting Arm, but I'm not using any of the extensions, so it's as far back as it can get.
yes with the presets you can set the intesity ..

Full tank shot ?