Haters gone Hate

Steve1986

you want to see a magic trick ? Change that girlfriend tag to wife , and all that money will suddenly appear there , lol

maazreef

As much as I love this hobby, it is a money pit. We all have our vices though
Sometimes i dont even know how i come up with money for the hobby. Even though im broke i make it happen.
My tank cost about $25 a month!
When mine was up i was calculaating about $28 per month with food, salt, re agents, dosing elements and electric.

Sawdonkey

Premium member
Water changes alone cost me about $15 in salt, plus whatever rodi costs. Then the electricity has to cost about $20 or more. My fish eat a package of nori in a month, so that's about $6 right there. There's no way this hobby costs me less than $60 per month, and that's months when I don't spend money on corals/additives/equipment/fish. Its got to be over $100 on average if you add that stuff in. I justify it buy telling myself that my car is paid off and I hardly ever drive so I spend no money on gas.

I hardly ever buy fish and I'm nearly maxed out in coral, so it's all maintaining from here....which is still somewhat expensive.

jrpark22000

Premium member
my closest estimate is the entire reefing system to date has cost me $12. Salt, electric, coral, all in for $12.

Or possibly I never actually want to know the real number :D

Sawdonkey

Premium member
Lol. Don't show this picture to the girlfriend though :fish1:

~Sandra
My gf has no clue how much $ I have into my system. I'm not even sure how much $ I have in my system. Definitely more than my car. Whoops!

I had a fowlr from 99 to about 2012 and kept it reasonable. Then I decided to get into coral and it went to a whole new level $$$.