Heading to Chicago Tuesday to celebrate Bday and Anniversary

nyckeeandnate6

Tuesday Nate and I are heading to Chicago to go to the Shedd Aquarium and a few LFS. We will probably be buying a new fixture for the 29 gallon tank and finally get the stand for the 20 so I can start mine. We are excited to go to the Shedd... we haven't been there since we got married 5 years ago.

Cubbies

Congrats and happy b-day! Hope you enjoy your day out in the city and hope it turns out a beautiful day weather wise for you guys!

ColaAddict

You can make your own clean up crew package at liveaquaria.com and they ship free if you spend 60 on the CUC.

kurens

if its not too far, for CUC i would suggest trip to tropi-aquatic in Lombard,a lot to choose from:)

ColaAddict

By the way, how's your parent doing (i think it's your parent that was in the hospital). And how's your tank doing now?

Tangency

I second New Fish - 1180 N Milwaukee Ave Floor 1 (773) 384-5420.
It is right by the division blue line stop so its fairly convenient if you're taking public trans. You can also find a cab around that intersection and grab something to eat/drink around division & damen or north & damen (both a short ride ~$6). There is tons of good bars and food around there. Let me know if you need some recommendations.

nyckeeandnate6

Our tank looks a whole lot better with the skimmer. We had one of the Biocube ones and it couldn't keep up with the bio load. Now the water is crystal clear.

My dad is a lot better.. He got the tube out Thursday and is finally home. We actually took a lasagna out there today and had dinner. I am relieved he is okay. Thank You for asking.

nyckeeandnate6

Think we are going to hit these places in this order tomorrow....
1. Shedd Aquarium
2. Maggiano's
3. Old Town
4. New Fish
5. Aquatic World Chicago

We will be driving. Anyone have any suggestions on parking or anything like that?

nyckeeandnate6

We had an awesome day.... Only ended up going to New Fish though. We were at the Shedd til it closed and had a wonderful dinner at Maggiano's. We learned a lesson about parking so it should be better next time. We went to Maggiano's because my husband loves it and has loved it since he first tried it in Scottsdale, AZ.