Hello everyone!

scottjm84

Hi all!
Im setting up a new project in the west suburbs, 150gal, just bought some new LEDs for it from buildmyled.com. Had 150gallon tank prior to starting med school few years back, now that Im in a home for next several years can restart this awesome hobby. Used to get my stuff from inland aquatics in Terre Haute, IN but finding out lots of awesome deals from other enthusiasts on this site, looking foreward to sharing my tank with you all!
Scott

scottjm84

Will load some up shortly when I get home this evening....got the base rock set up it looks great lots of arches, pretty stoked about it.

scottjm84

Hey guys heres my set up so far, gonna let it rest few weeks at add a damsel to start cycling it. The rock is from my old tank 5 years ago, just been sitting in storage. I used a PVC structure in the middle and stacked rocks around it with zip ties. Drilled some holes through some pieces but its sturdy. Will seed it down the road with live pieces and hopefully have SPS growing all over it in time. 4 Inch deep sand bed this time around as well. Want this tank as maintenance free as possible so would love to get it near cycling itself entirely with a vegetable filter underneath. Got my new LED lights on the way, currently T5 on top but gonna sell it on here in few weeks. Hope you guys like the aquascaping!!!! Im proud anyways.
Scott

madjoe

Premium member
Hey guys heres my set up so far, gonna let it rest few weeks at add a damsel to start cycling it. The rock is from my old tank 5 years ago, just been sitting in storage. I used a PVC structure in the middle and stacked rocks around it with zip ties. Drilled some holes through some pieces but its sturdy. Will seed it down the road with live pieces and hopefully have SPS growing all over it in time. 4 Inch deep sand bed this time around as well. Want this tank as maintenance free as possible so would love to get it near cycling itself entirely with a vegetable filter underneath. Got my new LED lights on the way, currently T5 on top but gonna sell it on here in few weeks. Hope you guys like the aquascaping!!!! Im proud anyways.
Scott
Save your self the head ache of a damsel they r aholes get your self a chromis or just use a raw shrimp to cycle

scottjm84

lol ya i guess last time he was agressive....chromis not that pretty maybe do that shrimp. Heard of people peeing in their tanks but sounds a bit much

superchargedgp

I used live sand. Dry rock and dr Tim's and I added ammonia and my tank completely cycled in under a month. I used nothing from my old tank