Hello everyone!!!!!

johnjiang

Hello everyone:
I am john jiang. I am new to this hobby. I started my saltwater tank four months ago after I purchased a biocube 29 from its previous owner. I started the tank as a stock fish only tank with a yellow watchman. Then my parents bought me the frogspawn to add something more to my cube. Since then, I was amazed by how great it would be to get into reef! Then Bob from this forum helped me out several weeks ago to get me started. He spared me some frogspawn-green tip, green polyps and stone anemone. Then, I upgraded the biocube's lighting system to 12K White and Blue LED. I did some extra work to make the LED bar fits in the canopy. (I regret that I got one with canopy on, should have got a tank with open top :)) Then I bought the light timer by current USA to create some more naturalistic sunrise and sunset effect. (with limited budget). Anyway, here are some pics of it, Hope you guys like it. Again, so glad to join the community!
john jiang

And I just bought a GBTA, ready for some clowns! (I know it might not happen between them :))
View attachment 3137View attachment 3137View attachment 3138View attachment 3139View attachment 3140View attachment 3141View attachment 3142View attachment 3143

n10sity

Welcome to the community, neighbor - I'm nearby in Buffalo Grove. The tank is looking good. :)

- Jim

SkullV

Nice meeting you tonight, enjoy the clown! Make sure to keep this updated with pics of the little guy.

jayjerk

Premium member
Hey John welcome to the community. Please don't hesitate to ask questions. This forum has been great to me since I joined. A wealth of knowledge in one place.

johnjiang

thanks everyone for the warm welcome!
Jim, awesome, we are close! You are close to Sea Schor right?
Ted, it was my pleasure to meet you and brought such a cute little dude back home. picture is below, more are coming!!!
Hope I can contribute to the community soon!

View attachment 3209

SkullV

Little dude looks happy! Do you have a full tank shot? With those photography skills I'm sure it'll look pretty sweet!