Hello Everyone-

LauraO

I have only had my reef tank up for a few months, and this is my 1st salt water tank ever. I really turned out to LOVE my 46 Bow Front Tank and EVERY coral I have purchased! It has been going very well and have a pretty good tank started I think. I Have really never showed any pics of it before to anyone, just friends that come over (and they are easy to impress !) so I welcome your comments- (remember I'm a newbie please :)

I have about 35-40lbs Live Rock, and started with Corals I seemed to be drawn to, now I make a point to hit all the Aquatic Stores I'm near (I am a Real Estate Broker so drive around alot in tons of different areas) and purchased LED light bar that seems to be doing the job with my corals. I know I should have purchased a drilled tank with a sump etc, but didnt know at the time so have added bigger filter and a protein skimmer.

Corals
*Nitrous Candy Candy Cane, Frog Spawn Green w/pink tips, Big White Bubble, Assorted Mushrooms, Green w/Gold tip Torch, Red Acan, Feather Duster, 2 Coo Coo Worms, Orange w/Gold tip Frog Spawn, 2 really cool open brains- I believe, 1 blue candy cane, 2 bigger Leathers, Purple branch frog or torch - jury is still out on that!, Daisy Polyps , misc assorted Zoanthids rock, Pink Zipper Zoanthid, pulsing xenia (came on live rock), purple star carpet, that I keep dropping stuff on :(, Duncans, 1 yellow Gorgonian Green Gonipora & frag of orange "flower pot" & hot pink zoa! **plus a wandering BTA
I Think that's it!!

Then came some Fish, I do love my little guys but I really LOVE the corals :
lawn mower blenny, 2 clowns, 1 flame angle, 1 yellow tail damsel, 1 foxface, 1 royal gamma & a brand new Kole Tang. They are all smaller, no worries and a good clean up crew: 3 turbo snails, 2 hermit crabs, 4 peppermint shrimp, 1 banded crab, and a couple of other small crabs of some kind

So with all that being said, I have learned tons from internet research before getting my tank, and so much from talking to everyone who will share there knowledge and experiences, but I know I have so much more to learn and figure out.

I was going to start another smaller Sea Horse Tank, maybe a 56 Tall column, but now I may just upgrade my 46 bow front to a 150 Tall I have my eye on with a sump/refuge- I so much know I need and use my 46 bow for my Sea Horse tank I want to start :) Just in the planning stage now and I am happy with what I have going on so far.

Thanks for reading all this! Laura