Hello everyone.

surejaj

Premium member
My name is Surej Joseph. I've been watching a lot of reefing videos (mostly bulk reef supply and tidal gardens) on youtube and finally decided to get into the hobby. Bought a used 36G tank from one of the forum members here. The tank has been cycling for the last 2 weeks with dry rock. I am following the red sea reef mature pro kit to cycle the tank. Here is a picture of the tank

View attachment 15570

I am planning to add some clean up crew and bring up the bio load in the next couple of days. Hopefully the tank completes cycling and i can add nemo's soon. My kids keeps asking when im going put nemo in the tank..

Smitty

Premium member
Hello and welcome to the site....glad to have you aboard.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

jrpark22000

Premium member
welcome to CR and the the hobby. Get ready for a roller coaster of ups and down, but enjoy the ride alone the way :D

Paulip

Nice setup. Care to discuss your your setup? I see some plumbing on the upper right and a canister filter on the lower right used for RO. Is that an RO plumbed into a sump?

surejaj

Premium member
So, the tank is 36G tank and i have a 20G eshoops sump. My equipment list include - 2 Jecod DC4 powerhead, Jecod DC3000 return pump, Eshoops S-120 protein skimmer, Bulk reef supply dual reactor (currently off) and Current LED lights. For heating, i use the Neo Therm easy 100watt heater. I started the setting up the tank in January. Started by drilling the tank for herbie style overflow and return (in the process i almost went deaf coz i was drilled the tank in my room with no ear protection). Glued the overflow box on tank. Plumbed the tank with 1inch schedule 40 PVC. Had to redo the plumbing a few times but i think now it's in good shape...

Below is a few more pics of the tank, sump and plumbing...

View attachment 15670

View attachment 15671

View attachment 15672

View attachment 15673

View attachment 15674