Hello!

FishBeard

Just wanted to say hi! Looking forward to my time here. I joined CMAS at the frag swap a few months ago. Since then I now have an overstocked (corals, not fish) 14 gallon Biocube. Planning to go to the 29 gallon Biocube soon until I can make the room for a 4' wide reef tank in my living room. I live in Streamwood, been here for a few years now, been in the chicagoland area all my life. Here's one of the latest pics of my tank just to show off for now, i need to take a more recent one this weekend.

(the rock at the very top is in the rear 3rd chamber for now to look cleaner)

EyeReef

Welcome Fishbeard to one of the best LOCAL reef forum :)
Great looking reef tank. Would love to read more about it.

FishBeard

Welcome to CR. Nice looking cube. I'm waiting for my 12g to Mature like yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, but I have to admit, I cheated. The rock looked that good when I bought it. I know I paid a lot for pretty colored coraline all over my rocks, but Im happy with the purchase, came with LOTS of life that even newly cycled rock wouldn't. At least 4-5 mini brittles, tons of bristleworms, a couple stomatella snails, LOTS of pods, and one mean ugly crab with pointy claws I have yet to catch (and I believe killed my baby clowns about a month ago)

lunacris

welcome great looking tank very clean your tank is way overstocked i say you should hand it over and ill make some room for it lol kidding looks great

FishBeard

welcome great looking tank very clean your tank is way overstocked i say you should hand it over and ill make some room for it lol kidding looks great
I totally agree, I am out of room, which is why I will be upgrading soon, and the 14 will be going in the baby's room so he has the coolest night light on the block!

ColaAddict

very nice. so you actually take the time to clean the back wall of your tank, I'm debating wether to do that or not. I think it looks nice either way.

FishBeard

very nice. so you actually take the time to clean the back wall of your tank, I'm debating wether to do that or not. I think it looks nice either way.
Nope, all the rock came that way, tank was cycled and didn't start getting stocked until the frag swap a couple months ago. The rock was from a 6 year old tank that got broken down. I haven't seen a sign of coraline on the back wall yet, and the snails take care of any growth when it pops up.