Help Clove polyps I think

Chase_The_Reefer

DA0EB3DC-FA2C-4C29-AA51-01B23D2B2C2F.jpeg81AC4585-C000-4F45-9A0E-D73EF2418DCB.jpeg

any1 know the best way to get rid of these I would really hate to remove the rock as there is a nem on it so I’m wonder what’s the suggestions before I take that action?

Kamreef1987

Only thing I heard was fenbendazole, but it has a potential to kill other thing in your tank. I had an infestation of them I used it and while it did kill the cloves it killed some corals. Different people have different results. I would definitely research before there are several articles on google

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

maidia

Team CR
View attachment 3821View attachment 3822

any1 know the best way to get rid of these I would really hate to remove the rock as there is a nem on it so I’m wonder what’s the suggestions before I take that action?

Try read this link below ( I did my tank long ago and it worked)

Chase_The_Reefer

Thank you that was very interesting I am sure thinking about it but in my case since it is on one rock I think I will try to remove the rock all together. If the stubborn rock nem would move. Thanks for the article though I believe everyone with bcp should read it

chewal

Premium member
Hi if you think you have them only on one rock your wrong I had them about a year ago so I removed the rock 3 wks later they were on another so I treated with fenbendazole, it took a couple of weeks and now im glad to say they are gone the sps wasn't affected at all but the zoas were not happy all corals recovered without any loses

kdog23

I would be careful using the dewormer method. I recall that it could kill shrimp and other beneficial critters in your tank. I was stared clear by an expert at the coral show...wish I could remember his name but he is a saltwater fish author. Btw I never beat Blue star nightmares

kdog23

Do you use carbon and GFO ? May want also up the water changes and when you get water levels low yank the algae. I had both blue star polyps and a bout of algae. I had a high nutrient tank as I loved coral growth that came with it...but so do nuisance pests.

Chase_The_Reefer

Do you use carbon and GFO ? May want also up the water changes and when you get water levels low yank the algae. I had both blue star polyps and a bout of algae. I had a high nutrient tank as I loved coral growth that came with it...but so do nuisance pests.
I do a water change weekly of about 5 gal for my 20 gal tank. I might start running carbon. Thanks

kdog23

Run carbon and gfo....20 gallon be careful not to overuse. Should help with hair algae. Blue star polyps ...some people get lucky with butterfly fish ...good luck