Help me with nano

reeferlover

Hey everyone. I'm looking to setup something small. I'm moving and want to continue to have a reef. I have my 75 which is a fowlr now. I also have a 40 breeder but I don't want to use it. I want a all on one. I just got a nuvo 8 in a trade. But it's too small. Anyone got any advice on what would be good. I like rimless for sure. I want to be able to have Lps and Zoas maybe a sps or two. Pics would be great too. Thank everyone.

sparky5785

Depends on what you can spend. Alot of the rimless all in ones come with a high price tag. Nuvo 30 JBJ Nano Cube RL 30 to name a few rimless models.

Btw will you be selling your SWC 160??

rosko23

Hey everyone. I'm looking to setup something small. I'm moving and want to continue to have a reef. I have my 75 which is a fowlr now. I also have a 40 breeder but I don't want to use it. I want a all on one. I just got a nuvo 8 in a trade. But it's too small. Anyone got any advice on what would be good. I like rimless for sure. I want to be able to have Lps and Zoas maybe a sps or two. Pics would be great too. Thank everyone.
Y not do the Nuvo 16? Double the size

reeferlover

Idk if I'm selling anything yet. I have the fish only. I'll sell the Kalk rector and lighting 40b and some other stuff. Once march 1st hits I can post again for sale and at that time ill have made a decision. I may just retire the 75 for a while and the 40.

I'm not looking to breaks the bank. But I do like the nuvo 16. What are peopl using for skimmers and lighting. I have an mp10 and ato among other equipment I can use on it from the 75. What about heaters. What else do I need for one. Anyone know of any being sold used

sparky5785

Idk if I'm selling anything yet. I have the fish only. I'll sell the Kalk rector and lighting 40b and some other stuff. Once march 1st hits I can post again for sale and at that time ill have made a decision. I may just retire the 75 for a while and the 40.

I'm not looking to breaks the bank. But I do like the nuvo 16. What are peopl using for skimmers and lighting. I have an mp10 and ato among other equipment I can use on it from the 75. What about heaters. What else do I need for one. Anyone know of any being sold used
Innovative Marine makes a skimmer specifically for the nuvos and from what i hear its actually decent not a POS. For lighting you could go a couple different ways either two par bulbs would work or a led panel light both can be purchased from CoralCompulsions one of the sponsors here. on a 16 you could theoretically use a 24" t5 fixture if you wanted the tank is i think 23.6" long. I have a nuvo 8 with one par bulb over it tons of light and no skimmer just weekly 2 gallon water changes.

Jep21

I have a nuvo 16 I'm using two par 38 bulbs via coral compulsion and using Innovative marine skimmer rated 25g and also using a finnex hob refugium for extra filtration and for pods.. I would say 16 nuvo would be perfect but totally depends on how much u can spend and how big u wanna go.. Hope this helps

reeferlover

This does. I setup the 8. I think it's too small. I think I'm gonna sell some stuff on the big tank to fund the nuvo 16 Anyone looking for a swc 160. Only problem I glued a tube to drain it. I don't mind but some might. Probably only want 150$ for it. It's a great skimmer just dumped a cup full of crap