Help! My nem is in bad trouble!

Catran

I came home to find my BTA sucked into the overflow of my RSM. He's been in the same spot for months ( not near the overflow), and I have no idea what happened. I turned off the circulation pumps ASAP, but still have the MP10 (not near the overflow) on for some flow. Here's a pic abot 10 mins. After I turned off the pumps:

Here's a pic 30 mins. after the pumps were turned off:

Should I leave it alone and see if it come out and moves?
Will my other nem (small), and my dart fish be okay with only the MP10 running?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SkullV

Leave it alone, it will probably be fine. Make sure you have the sponge guard on the mp10 if you have a moving nem.

Catran

Yes,I have the sponge guard on the mp10, I just checked out the rear chamber though. This nem is goofy! He's squeezed back into there, footing and all! The slots are about 1/8" wide at best! I'm worried about the pumps being off. Will it hurt my cleaner shrimp or firefish?
Here's pics of the rear chamber, with and without the bag of phosguard.

Catran

IDK if all of his foot is back there or not. If he starts squeezing through the holes in the media basket, I won't be able to get him out!

Catran

Yeah, he's all the way through now. I can't budge him either. I tried to use a frozen bottle of R/O water next to him too...no go. There's nothing I can do until he (hopefully) moves to a position on the media rack that will allow me to pull it out with him on it. Wow! I'll screen that overflow somehow when I get him out!!!
I turned on one of the circulation pumps and turned off the skimmer. Hopefully he won't make it to the chiller pump. It shouldn't hurt him though, it's enclosed. At least I have some flow in addition to the MP10. I'm done for the night!

Catran

Thought I'd share...
I took out my Saddleback Clownfish, which required moving a rock out of the tank. Apparently, he didn't like it and decided to take a walk and squeeze himself through the weir of my overflow. I didn't think it was possible!
When I got home at 1:30 am from work Friday night, this is what I saw:

I freaked out and immediately turned off the circ pumps and skimmer. 10 mins later I had a little hope:

1/2 hr later, I decided to look inside the rear chamber and saw this. Notice the front left, his foot has gone through:

I tried everything I could do. I tried to gently move his foot first, not a chance. Then, I got an idea to take one of my emergency frozen RO bottles and put it near him. Still, no results. Since i had a firefish and a cleaner shrimp in the tank, i decided to tuen on one of the circulation pumps. That, along with my MP10, would be enough flow without putting too much more stress on the nem, I thought. Finally I gave up and prepared to go to bed. I went to check on him one more time around 5:00 am, and noticed that I left the bottle in the tank and it had moved in front of the weir. I looked in the back and saw him with his foot inflated. Sorry, I didn't get a pic, I was so happy that I reached in a grabbed him and put him inside the tank on a rock ASAP!
Here he is with his foot still inflated a little, and then latching on to the rock.

Here he is today!

Funlad3

I'd yell at your nem if I were you. It's like a little kid that runs across a busy street. He looks perfectly fine, but it's still scary to watch. Bad nem, bad!

Catran

I'd yell at your nem if I were you. It's like a little kid that runs across a busy street. He looks perfectly fine, but it's still scary to watch. Bad nem, bad!
Oh, believe me, I called him all kinds of names when I realized he did it on purpose. I thought at first that somehow he was sucked into the grating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk