HELP! Retrofit LED Install on 28G Nano

MAERAK

Last night I thought it was a perfect idea to put in a retrofit LED kit i got on ebay. I took it over to a friends with some knowledge and we stripped most of the hood. The directions were garbage but we forged ahead. After an hour we gave up and reversed course, but in doing so broke the CF bulb. So now the tank is dark for the day (picking up a par38 bulb for temporary lighting tonight.) Does anyone in Chicago have semi advanced wiring skills that would be willing to help? If you have a rate, would be will to take frags or beer, please let me know.

Thanks!

emilybear91

I have excellent wiring skills, all tools/supplies, and I sure like frags, but I'm kind of short on time. (starting a business) If you can wait till the weekend we can do it in just an evening. I totally rewired this fixture I just bought the other day and I hung it last night. Halide/t5 combo. (Halide is off in the pic) I know LED too though; I used to work for an led sign board manufacturer.

MAERAK

That would be awesome. This weekend would be fine. I'm hoping the par38 i pick up today will keep everything alive until then. I'll pm you.

CoralN00b

Matt,

If you are interested, I have a Metal Halide setup you can have. I ripped it out of my hood when I put LED's in but I may put a retrofit kit in soon too. I was going to toss the pieces from the halide setup by my friend told me you can just strip the wires and reconnect them to another hood.

I have the ballast, bulb and prongs for the bulb to sit in. Just PM me if you need it. You can fit that in there temporarily. I know not the ideal situation but it would be a good last resort.