HELP!! Skunk cleaner shrimp and rbta!

sammy61989

Ok I need to know if this is normal I recently got my Rbta and today I went to feed it some shrimp and my cleaner shrimp saw it or smelled it and it swam and started picking at the Rbta mouth literally on top and he felt the sting but he kept on so I shoved him out the way so I need to know do I leave them or prevent that cuz I don't want none of them to get hurt help

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

jrpark22000

Premium member
oh it's normal and a giant pain in the azz. I got to the point with mine, I'd try stabbing the shrimp with the feeding wand to deter them from stealing the food. Nothing really worked, but it did feel better to threaten the shrimp with brute force.

AForys

lol, my skunk robs all my coral. I give him a chunk 1st he drops it just to steal food from another coral!

sammy61989

Wow what a thief. But should I leave him or every time shove him away? I don't want my skunk to die they ain't that cheap and the anemone either

jrpark22000

Premium member
the skunk will find it's own food, don't worry. Don't overfeed the nem either, it can seriously hurt them if their not ready to eat. All that aside, shove the shrimp away, shove it hard! :D

Top Water

I have big Nems and shove silverside in their mouth if I wanted to feed but I don't feed my Nems . They do fine on there own in my system .

sammy61989

Well I don't know if it was stung but the shrimp was jumping like that reacting if you get stung by a bee but then he kept going back in the anemone so I assume he's getting stung and wouldn't that be overfeeding my shrimp

sammy61989

And thanks i think I won't feed it if it don't need it that way I avoid that issue