Help with Diamond Goby

mvpttk

Hello Chicago Reefs,

i need help with Diamond Goby.

i got 4 inch Diamond Goby last night. i acclimate 3 hours but still she want to jump out of the tank all night long. i have acrylic cover that save her.

but today she is doing great with my ocean direct original grade sand

Problem is that my tank is with sand storm.

is it normal. is she doing this for ever. what should i do.

Please help.

Thank you
Tarak

maidia

Team CR
She will stop doing that when she find a good hole (home). I got one did the same but she will move again if some fish mess her house. I finally give her/him away.

wojto

That's normal I had few before thay did same...day or two and everything should be back to normal and keep your lid closed :)

ultimatemj

Cool fish that can drive you mad LOL

If you don't have or plan to place corals on the sand bed, they are great. They will sift your bed and keep the bed from becoming full of detritus.

But if you want to have corals on the sandbed....well...a diamond goby is likely going to frustrate you.

My kids *loved* ours, but he had to go ;-p

danp

Love that fish, cannot imagine having a tank with sand bed without some kind of sand sifting goby. Diamond goby is my preference.
And just like somebody above said do not plan putting corals on the sand bed, it will drive you crazy.
Good luck.

mvpttk

Thank you so much for all your help. But now how do I catch my goby, don't need this fish anymore. I have corals on sand bed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk