Help with flow

jp_75

Can you guys recommend me somebody who could help me with few things in my tank? Someone who could come to the house to look at it...Will pay. I am having issues with nitrates(40-api test) and flow( too much i believe-very noisy)! Maybe I am paranoid but better check it! I am in south west burbs. PM
Thx

goatous

Not an expert, so can't help much with your nitrates but it would help to have more details what you have going on.
How big is your tank, how many fish, size of fish, feeding regimen, how much rock/sand, refugium setup, skimmer, filter socks, gfo/biopellets, vodka dosing, water change schedule.
Regarding the noise; what kind of noise is it? What kind of flow generators are you using, what size, and settings? If you are using MP40/MP10 both the wet and dry side will eventually wear out. The dry side can be rebuilt but the wet side you can't rebuilt on the newer QD versions and they don't sell rebuild kits for the older non-QD wet side. Either way if it's the wet side, replacement may be necessary for MP40/10 if the wet side is adjusted correctly and it still makes noise.

fit

Hi Jarek. Can you take pictures (perhaps with your phone) and email them to me? I will PM (personal message) you my email address. I hope you can receive PM's. Also, feel free to PM or email me your phone number and we can talk live.

I can then post those photos to this thread if you can't figure it Out.

Definitely take photos of the overflow and the plumbing associated, the plumbing were it enters the sump, and the return pump.

How long have you had the tank?
How many gallons?
How much food do you feed per day, and the type of food?
Do you do partial water changes?
If so, approximately how often, and how much? By the way, for a fish I only tank, 40 is perfectly ok I believe.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

wrasse

I am sure a lot of people here l help you out. More info posted here about your set up will go really far. Size of tank, equipment, stocking levels, age of set up, age of test kit, and any other info you can provide.