Help with LTA PLEASE !!!!

jfmkem82

I bought a Long Tentacle Anemone from Reefwise - as you all know, they have quality stuff - I've never had issues with their livestock.

I bought it on Thursday 12/29, drip aclimated it before adding to my tank, and then put it into my tank. I set it on top of a rock and fairly quickly it opened up nicely. In the morning it had moved itself ot a spot that apparently it preferred. From then until this evening it was open wide and seemed healthy. I fed it on friday - frozen mysis shrimp. Then again on Sunday.

When I got home tonight it was closed up and just didn't look right. The helio plate I bought at the same time also seems to have withdrawn its tentacles as compared to the last several days.

I immediately checked water quality.
Temp 78 F - Calcium Hardness 420ppm - Alkalinity 9dKH or 160ppm KH - Phosphate <0.25 - Nitrate 0 - Salinity 1.024

Everything seems normal. All fish and established corals doing fine.

Is it possible I overfed the LTA or is it normal for it to withdraw into itself for totally no reason?

Help - I don't want to lose these 2.....

ultimatemj

Nems are weird...
Flow, light, footing, feeding all can cause them to 'look for stability'.
Generally speaking I only feed nems once a month, and just a small chunk.

While it is in transition you may want to put screens/foam rings on your power heads to keep it from getting sucked in and chopped up.

Regarding the helio, they often prefer much lower light than you'd expect.

Lastly, chem 'warfare' from a new mix of corals can cause reactions. Add (or refresh) some granulated carbon.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#theMatrix

They do it for no reason. I doubt ull loose a nem. I woudnt feed it. If you have fish theyll do the job feeding it.

Theyll be back up in no time. Somethings irritating them. Got any angels? Something nipping.

I wouldnt worry. Theyre pretty hardy.

jfmkem82

Nems are weird...
Flow, light, footing, feeding all can cause them to 'look for stability'.
Generally speaking I only feed nems once a month, and just a small chunk.

While it is in transition you may want to put screens/foam rings on your power heads to keep it from getting sucked in and chopped up.

Regarding the helio, they often prefer much lower light than you'd expect.

Lastly, chem 'warfare' from a new mix of corals can cause reactions. Add (or refresh) some granulated carbon.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you !!

- - - Updated - - -

They do it for no reason. I doubt ull loose a nem. I woudnt feed it. If you have fish theyll do the job feeding it.

Theyll be back up in no time. Somethings irritating them. Got any angels? Something nipping.

I wouldnt worry. Theyre pretty hardy.
Thank you !!