Help

kerber13

Well today i was messing with my rock work and i messed it all up :( of course i couldnt fix it cause i have 2 finals tmrw but iwill tmrw. However, i want to redo my rock work cause now im just disgusted with the whole thing. So my question is what should i do with all my coral while im moving my rocks around? Does anyone have any pictures of a cool rockscape that i can try to recreate. And what should i do with my fish :/. I need help. Sometimes reefing requires more than one person and that time is now. Oh yea did i mention the tank has a sand bed in it already?!?! Im still trying to go with SPS dominate left with a zoa/ric field on the right and my LPS on the sand so if any1 can put in a word or two of advice (plz exclude the DONT DO IT MANS) i would really appreciate it.

Thanks, Erik

P.S. its a 55 gallon tank

fredfish13

don't feel disgusted/bad. i think most reefers change their aquascape more than they want. since you have water in your tank already, you can siphon out some tank water into a 5g bucket then put some corals in there while you change the scape. or just move the frags into the sandbed in front of the tank while you scape.

fredfish13

usually they put rock in first in, then the sand around it. just in case you have some digging fish or inverts. so the rock won't shift. if not, just kind of gently push the rock back and forth to the bottom of the tank so it is stable.

aj41568

Don't feel bad I can't tell you how many times I have "messed up" my rock work. Just when u think it looks great you see another tank that looks awesome. I am sure u will have it looking great.

Cubbies

I think it looks great! That's a very nice tank you have there if I may add. I would try and not mess with the sand as much as you could. You don't want to stir it up to much.

kerber13

Here's how it looks. Man do i love it.
Before:

After:

Here are some close ups:

My pair of diamond gobies. Idk how they survived. They were beaten to **** by my candy hog. I caught and reeturned the tyrant and lo and behold they ventured out once more. They are doing great and i love their personality.

Stenopus

i hate when this happens :p definitely go buy a bucket or 2 and put your smaller rocks and corals in the buckets. arrange the bigger rocks first into a framework and then place the smaller rocks, and then add the corals.