Here goes my 120g build....

ryanjan11

Well, since the fam is going to be staying put for the next few years, decided to go ahead and tear down the 75 and start building this 120. Bought the tank at the start of the year from Matt at Shotank. It's a 120g RR AGA. I bought it as a set with one of Matt's custom stand and canopy. If you haven't been to his shop and seen his work, it's pretty dang sick. Some are out-right ridiculous. So this beast has been sitting in my storage since. This build will probably take a bit to get done, since I dont have much free time with work and the fam...but who cares...at least its coming to life. So here are the initial shots of the stand and tank....

I'll get a shot of it with the canopy tomorrow. I would like to do some touch up with stand and canopy. The set also came with a 75g sump

But I decided to sell this one and make one from a 40b instead. It'll give me more space for other equipment underneath. The front panel of the stand pops out for access underneath.

Equipment so far are as follows:
2 ecotech radions
1 MP40 (trying to get another)
PM bullet1 skimmer paired with a mag12
2 dosing pumps
2 TLF reactors

Well, that's it for now...
Catch ya on the flip side.

Ryan

ryanjan11

I wish i could just snap my fingers or click my heels three times and have it be done....but whats the fun in that right? Besides...id probably end up in oz or maybe even narnia

Herbie

Banned
I find that I could be done faster but I procrastinate because I love the tinkering. Nice score on a Sho tank piece. Matt does some amazing work. Good luck.

ryanjan11

what do you guys think about just 1 mp40 on this thing? Im sure 2 would be better...but would one be suffice? Just curious...

also, who else is running a bullet1 skimmer? please pm me, I've got a few questions :)

ColaAddict

what do you guys think about just 1 mp40 on this thing? Im sure 2 would be better...but would one be suffice? Just curious...

also, who else is running a bullet1 skimmer? please pm me, I've got a few questions :)
Depends what u want to keep. Of u are sticking with LPS and softies then 1 is fine. I would get another if u want it to have a lot of sps

ryanjan11

Well, thought I'd update this build...

Filling up....

DIY sump 40b

Radions mounted

Canopy closed

Original rock work...it's changed since

Things that have changed since:
Added more rock
Changed the layout for better flow
Added another MP40 (two total)

Battling some cyano right now so no new recent fts.

ryanjan11

Some shots of the crew...

Female Japanese Swallowtail

Meleagris Wrasse

Tennenti Tang

Male Red Mandarin

Black leopard wrasse...this thing eats everything, flakes, pellets, frozen...freakin awesome