Hi everybody

Touzi

Hi everybody new here with tank pics

Hows it going guys i joined this site a few weeks ago and finally getting around to posting up and stuff. I have a 75g reef tank its all soft corals basically, ITs about ten months old, this is my first reef tank so i went with soft corals. I have pretty good lighting but not the best i have 4t5ho fixture. I have all ati bulbs in it. I have a hob octopus skimmer (bh2000), one koralia 1050 powerhead, and one aqueon 1250gph power head, and a 750gph aqueon power head, i would say i have alot of flow but my corals like it and fish. I have about 80 lbs of live rock maybe more never really weighed it all. The fish i have are, 1 clownfish, 2 damsels, 1 chromis, 1 snowflake eel, 1 powder brown tang my most beautiful fish i have ever had, banghaii cardinal mispelled i think lol. About 20 nassarius snails, 10 blue leg crabs. 2 emerald crabs. and some astrea snails. Basically i have alot of snails and crabs cant remember what i got. oh ya 1 cleaner shrimp. i will post up pics in this thread in a few mins. i hope i dont need a certain number of posts to post pics

heres some pics

View attachment 203

View attachment 204

View attachment 205

View attachment 206

View attachment 239

Cubbies

:8welcome: Nice tank! I would say you are very well equiped. I think lighting is perfect. You could most likely do LPS in there. You might be able to do SPS higher up on your tank too. The tang is gorgeous but you'll probably get mixed feedback on it for being in a 75. I think it looks happy though :nod: You got some nice Zoos going there.

Touzi

ya i know i hear it all the time all tangs shouldnt be in a tank smaller then a 6 ft long tank whatever, he looks happy and looks amazing in my tank so ill keep him. Ya i think my lights are pretty good but some people say i could go higher but i like it t5ho have good par ratings esp the ati bulbs i have. Ya i like zoa's alot, i think im going to have to grow into sps cause i like them but idk they look fake to me even though i know there real. some of my zoa's i got from john at colormecorals has alot of nice stuff and good prices.

Cubbies

ya i know i hear it all the time all tangs shouldnt be in a tank smaller then a 6 ft long tank whatever, he looks happy and looks amazing in my tank so ill keep him. Ya i think my lights are pretty good but some people say i could go higher but i like it t5ho have good par ratings esp the ati bulbs i have. Ya i like zoa's alot, i think im going to have to grow into sps cause i like them but idk they look fake to me even though i know there real. some of my zoa's i got from john at colormecorals has alot of nice stuff and good prices.
Yea I love T5HO as well. Wouldn't change em I think for anything else. lol. And yea I'm kind of in the same idea with SPS. I only do LPS and softies. I've heard good things about John but he's a lil far for me unfortunately. :(

Touzi

Yea I love T5HO as well. Wouldn't change em I think for anything else. lol. And yea I'm kind of in the same idea with SPS. I only do LPS and softies. I've heard good things about John but he's a lil far for me unfortunately. :(
ya i live in bourbonnais if u know where that is so i think im like an hour maybe from john a lil less, but ya i love t5ho there cheap and put out good lighting

jcarlilesiu

I grew up in Bourbonnais and graduated from BBCHS in 97.

Did you go to school there Ryan?

Oh, and welcome to the forum.

jcarlilesiu

i hate this town boring nothing to do lol,
I live in Chicago and just stay home or go to a bar down the street like No Dogs on S. Schyler.

Its what you make of it.

I have lived in Augusta GA, Carbondale IL, Chicago, and of course Kankakee, and to be honest... its no different than anywhere else.

Plus, the river is a huge plus for the area.

Touzi

I live in Chicago and just stay home or go to a bar down the street like No Dogs on S. Schyler.

Its what you make of it.

I have lived in Augusta GA, Carbondale IL, Chicago, and of course Kankakee, and to be honest... its no different than anywhere else.

Plus, the river is a huge plus for the area.

ya if u come down to bourbonnais ever there is a new fish store its blue planet i know the owner pretty well. Basically all reef store and saltwater fish. Its in the shopping mall area in bradley right off of north street by the hold k's merchandise

jcarlilesiu

ya if u come down to bourbonnais ever there is a new fish store its blue planet i know the owner pretty well. Basically all reef store and saltwater fish. Its in the shopping mall area in bradley right off of north street by the hold k's merchandise
Right on. Will have to check it out.

My family is all still there, but live out in Limestone. We are still down quite often.

Touzi

Right on. Will have to check it out.

My family is all still there, but live out in Limestone. We are still down quite often.
ya its where i get my ro/di water from for my tank. I get all my fish from him have gotten a few corals from him, im usually there everyweek getting water. He has a website its blueplanetcorals.com

SkunkerX

Hey Touzi, Oak Forrest is actually closer than Orland to you I-57 past I-80 about 1 mile then exit 167th west make a right on Cicero and ur there.....about 35 miles give or take a couple miles.