Hiraki Ich-X Blog

So as of right now I just dose some Hiraki Ich-X into my ( Display Tank) which is a reef aquarium.
The tank is 65 gallon
Lighting aquatic life t5HO 4bulbs
Water parameter- ammonia, nitrite is 0. Nitrate is 5ppm. Salinity 1.024. Calcium 420ppm. Ph 8.1. Temp 79.2 to 80.1.
Tank inhabitants : baby Kole Tang, baby yellow tang, yellow tail fairy wrasse, 2 oscellaris clowns, dragon goby, royal gamma. A fire shrimp and snails
Corals: several sps frags, frogspawn, mushrooms, Xenia, Zoe's, ricordia.
( Tang police please don't comment)
So I'm making this blog because I didn't quarantine the wrasse and it brought ich into the tank. What's done is done, now all my fish except for the dragon goby have ich. Taking them out and quarantine is not an option for me. So Im using Hiraki Ich X.
As of right now Sat July 6,2013
The sps, Lps, softies, Zoas and mushrooms are all close up after 30 minutes exposing to the medication. Probably irritated by the medication.
Will keep the thread updated so when someone want to see if Hiraki Ich X works or not, they can search for this!
Update July 7, 2013! Just did a 25% water change and dose a second dose of Hiraki Ich-X. So far fish looks the same. All corals are open except for the Xenias.
Update: July 8th,2013! Again 25% water change and dose another dose. Fish seems to have less white spots. They are very active and eating! Xenia is still close.

I read through it and yes it does say its a waste of time. But my uncle used it in his 210 gallon reef before with a bunch of tangs that have ich and it clears the ich. So Im just giving this a try.
As for the tangs I will find them a better home or trade thm in to the LFS when they outgrow the tank. Right now they are only 1.5 inch.

I read through it and yes it does say its a waste of time. But my uncle used it in his 210 gallon reef before with a bunch of tangs that have ich and it clears the ich. So Im just giving this a try.
As for the tangs I will find them a better home or trade thm in to the LFS when they outgrow the tank. Right now they are only 1.5 inch.
Ich symptoms can disappear, they did in my tank with tangs without using anything. If they disappeared with the usage of Hikari it's most likely a coincidence.

At 2" my Sailfin flies across my 210.

Steve1986

I don't think he opened up the thread to talk about tangs..... But I hope the stuff your trying works out for you. If it doesn't work out do you have a back up plan? Hypo? taking them out and using Copper? Again best wishes

Prov3:5-6

Guy requests that Tang Police do not comment....Tang Police is the first to comment.......Figures

Ich symptoms can disappear, they did in my tank with tangs without using anything. If they disappeared with the usage of Hikari it's most likely a coincidence.

At 2" my Sailfin flies across my 210.
I know ich disappear and the come back. However, the ich disappear in my uncle tank and he is ich free for almost a year now! it might be a coincident or a miracle or something happen. lol but I'm going to try this and see if it cure the ich. Hence why I'm creating a blog so other people can see if this product actually work or not.
And my kole tang and yellow tang does not fly across the tank, they just graze the rocks all day, plus I have an open rock aquascape so they are able to swim from on end to another either in the back or the front.

I don't think he opened up the thread to talk about tangs..... But I hope the stuff your trying works out for you. If it doesn't work out do you have a back up plan? Hypo? taking them out and using Copper? Again best wishes
If this fails then yes i would take them out and quarantine and leave the DT fishless for 2 months. I'm going this route because I think chasing the fish around the tank and removing the rocks would cause more stress to the fish; and we all know stress= more ich= more likely to die quickly. However, all the fish are eating and are very active since the white spots start showing! So I'm hoping they will get better since they are eating and I also dip their dried food and mysis shrimp into fresh garlic juice that I grind up myself!

I know ich disappear and the come back. However, the ich disappear in my uncle tank and he is ich free for almost a year now! it might be a coincident or a miracle or something happen. lol but I'm going to try this and see if it cure the ich. Hence why I'm creating a blog so other people can see if this product actually work or not.
And my kole tang and yellow tang does not fly across the tank, they just graze the rocks all day, plus I have an open rock aquascape so they are able to swim from on end to another either in the back or the front.
I didn't see Ich for years in my tank. Simply add a fish highly prone to Ich, like a new Achilles, and you'll know it's there. Blue Tang might show it, might not, but an Achilles will really tell you what's going on.

If this fails then yes i would take them out and quarantine and leave the DT fishless for 2 months. I'm going this route because I think chasing the fish around the tank and removing the rocks would cause more stress to the fish; and we all know stress= more ich= more likely to die quickly. However, all the fish are eating and are very active since the white spots start showing! So I'm hoping they will get better since they are eating and I also dip their dried food and mysis shrimp into fresh garlic juice that I grind up myself!

I'm just hoping this ich will go away and I'll be good because I wont be adding any new fish to my tank. 7 is enough for a 65g reef. lol

If you don't do anything, and the fish are happy and eating, the symptoms will likely go away by themselves. Regardless of whether you use Hikari. There's recent research showing that garlic is bad for fish. At this point I wouldn't use it unless a fish isn't eating without it.

hmm really? I've never hear about how garlic is bad for fish. I have to go research that! And yea the fish are very active and eating like pigs every time I feed them.
Thanks for the link!

I placed the link to the research about garlic above.

From personal experience, I also have Ich in my tank. If you look at the fish you won't know it, including the tangs, a Sailfin and a Hippo. I have a large Magnificent Foxface that eats out of my fingers. When I first saw that I had Ich, I decided not to take anybody out. The reason was that the Foxfaces generally have a pretty strong natural immunity to Ich, and I didn't want to risk putting him in Copper or Hypo. So I go on living with Ich and I'll bet you won't be able to spot it in my tank at all. I sometimes use Selcon soaked food, no Garlic.