How I train my clowns

helitaiwan963

What? so clownfish chase lights like cats with those lasars?

Will this work with my GSM? I'm trying to get my female to host the seabae anemone i have.

marty

In my case they avoid the white LED flashlight, then I push them towards the nem once on the nem I turn off the light when they stray out I poke the lights on their face again until they find comfort on the nem it worked for me. Now even if they are on the other side of the tank once they see the lights at them they go towards the nem, when the main tank's light are off they take comfort on the nem

OpTiCz

Seems to be working. One of then is now hosting my anemone.

However, when the second clown comes near, it's shewed away by the one hosting. Ideas?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

FishBeard

However, when the second clown comes near, it's shewed away by the one hosting. Ideas?

Are your clowns still going thru their bonding phase? The dominant (female) will evict the male for a while once dominance is established, eventually she will let him back in bed with her. Just give it time. My male still isn't allowed in the same nem as the female, but they are still pretty young.

OpTiCz

Are your clowns still going thru their bonding phase? The dominant (female) will evict the male for a while once dominance is established, eventually she will let him back in bed with her. Just give it time. My male still isn't allowed in the same nem as the female, but they are still pretty young.
Yeah, they are I think. She's a little more aggressive since in the breeder basket. It's like she's blaming him for it :p

marty

Thats good to hear its working with your clown too, same happend to me on the second clown it only goes near but after a day both are hosting the nem already.

OpTiCz

Alright... Don't laugh.
Here's plan 2.0, since they seem to escape the breeder.

slumpysix

I had a pair that housed in a bush of xenia. My black o's took to my nem in about 3 days. They just found it. Give them time, they will jump in when they are ready.

SkunkerX

Well I've been trying the flashlight thing but their not going for it, maybe because they are already hosting a green hairy mushroom "I guess because it looks like a carpet anemone" even thou it's only about 4" inches away from the lta. I know the lta isn't their natural host but I have a friend who's ocellaris clowns went right to his lta.

marty

U can put the shrom in the sump for awhile until he host the nem or you can repostion the shrom to another place in the tank .

SkunkerX

its split into 3 since they been hosting it and i cant move the rocks they are on they are 2 very large rocks, unless you or anyone have any suggestions on how to get the mushrooms off the rock I might just have to let them host the mushroom.

SkunkerX

That might prove to be a tad bit difficult but I will see if I can find one that big. The mushrooms together are about 1 foot top to bottom and 6 to 8 inches across.