How to cut acrylic

chitown tom

I have a sheet of 1/4 inch acrylic. I need to trim it by an 1/8 what's the best way to cut it. I am concerned if I score it, it wont snap at the line I need.

Cubano32

Premium member
I use a wet saw just cause I'm afraid that with the table saw it will get to hot and bind up

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

chitown tom

Well, leson learned here.

I did not want to score it because I was only cutting off an 1/8 of an inch.

I ran it thru the table saw attempting just to take off a blade's worth of thickness. It did an awful job. I believe the blade was too rough on it. A finer tooth blade would have worked better. The cut chipped off the acrylic instead of cutting it.

I was able to silicone the baffles in place and it holds. Next time I need a different blade.

carpetreef75

Premium member
Well, leson learned here.

I did not want to score it because I was only cutting off an 1/8 of an inch.

I ran it thru the table saw attempting just to take off a blade's worth of thickness. It did an awful job. I believe the blade was too rough on it. A finer tooth blade would have worked better. The cut chipped off the acrylic instead of cutting it.

I was able to silicone the baffles in place and it holds. Next time I need a different blade.

This be your friend , and you would of really been disappointed with the outcome scoring when the piece broke
Bryan