how to do it?

Arthur

After I upgraded from 4' tank to 6' <90 to125> My light is short.It is a reef tank. I use Current Orbit 2 150w MH and 4 54w T5. If i want to buy the same but 24" I have to pay almost 460. This is crazy. Do you guys have any ideas what to do to get it close. Maybe some retro kits or something. Please helo. Thanks

EyeReef

Unless you concentrate your corals in the center 4 ft, I would just sell the fixture and look in a 6ft fixture. If you want to go with mh, 3 mh bulbs will give you complete coverage on a 6ft tank. You should keep your eye out for a used fixture, that will save you a bit of money. Gl

Cubbies

Whoa title sounded a lil. . . . . lol. Yea like Mike said look for used. It'll save you money at least on fixture(Not bills!) Should try doing LEDs. Save you money on your bills + for the money your looking to spend on a new fixture you can probably find a good deal. Even if you have to pay a bit more for the LEDs you'll get your money back in no time with the savings! Just an opinion on my half. Good luck

Scarlett778

Whoa title sounded a lil. . . . . lol. Yea like Mike said look for used. It'll save you money at least on fixture(Not bills!) Should try doing LEDs. Save you money on your bills + for the money your looking to spend on a new fixture you can probably find a good deal. Even if you have to pay a bit more for the LEDs you'll get your money back in no time with the savings! Just an opinion on my half. Good luck
Alright, I've been hearing alot about LED, last time i checked out the price for a 4', it was still very pricey. Anyone know the avg cost for an LED fixture?

ColorMeCorals

I would just center the fixture until your ready to upgrade to a full size. I found you can buy new on sale most of the time for what people want used. Then you need to buy new bulbs so do the math.

scotty

i just posted a build i found on reefbuilders in general, and he did his own rig, and honestly looked simple, and really cost effective, if you want todo a DIY route with the t5's